This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone else have a burn from the sensor on the Vivoactive 4?

I just got this watch for Christmas,  it is not an allergic reaction to the watch band as I have no issues there, it is just under the watch sensor.  I can feel it burn, I can pull the watch off my skin and see the green and red lights on, when they are in a constant state of being on it burns my skin. when they are off... no problem.  I've cleaned the watch with soap and water and alcohol wipes. doesn't help.Anyone else have this problem?

• I am so sorry to hear this has happened. This is something we take very serious and I encourage you to please contact your local Garmin support so we can get this resolved immediately for you. 

• Garmin , my sons bought me my Vivosmart 4 for Christmas , after wearing it for a week I now have a very sore and red wrist !

it looks like a burn ? Skin is pealing off ? 

• I see in this forum many people having similar problems with the vivo 3 and 4 with little or no response from Garmin as to the cause or a possible solution.

The only response I have seen is for the user to contact their local supplier, yet when I went to a dealer they had no answers or solutions. 

I have subsequently not been using my device as I'm worried it could cause long term damage. 

THANK YOU GARMIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT 

• Same here.   Just started really noticed it lately. Redness and peeling of skin.  Might have to stop wearing 

• I follow this site and also follow a Samsung watch site because I used to have an Active2. There are fairly frequent posts on both about skin irritation/burns. It seems like a problem with the general smartwatch product for some people.

• It was also a very common topic for Fitbit watches. Some people have allergic reactions to the plastics used, and others have reactions to the dried sweat that builds up if you don't keep them clean enough.

• I had the Fitbit that caused burning or irritation but it never bothered me.   This one is concerning. Have there been any recalls that you are aware of? 

• It seems that smartwatch users or any brand have such issues. I personally do not, but I do not wear the watch always, I always wash it after workout and I change hands every so often.

• HI there! We take these types of situations very serious, we ask that you reach out to Garmin directly because of the questions we have and we want it resolved for you immediately. I apologize for any frustration this has caused. 

• I have tried various options to contact someone at Garmin , I have been to our local dealer , who do not have an answer Please provide a contact person at Garmin who i can contact