This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My body battery doesn't recharge?

I've had my Vivoactive 4S since Monday - I've slept for 7-8 hours every night. Tues I started with 44, yesterday 14 and today 4??!!! It doesn't seem to be recharging, I'm actually losing charge while I sleep. And my sleep isn't overly restless. Is there a setting I need to change or does it just take a while to work out my baseline?? I have got a cold but I definitely had more energy than 4 this morning?!!

• I am seeing weirdness here too, similar numbers.   I thought it was just because I am getting older.

• I'm 39 and go to the gym every day I somehow doubt my body battery should be low! It'll be in minus figures by my 50th birthday!!! 

• For me, I found that after any big updates, in order to correct the body battery is to do a facotry re-se of the watch. It's annoying but it's the only way my body battery recharges. Updates also affect my stress levels but again a reset fixes it.

• My wife has also experienced weirdness where her body battery wouldn't charge.

She got the watch last week and it charged fine the first two nights, but then she got two days in a row where her body battery didn't charge a single point during two consecutive nights. First night was for a 9 hour sleep and a 2nd night a 7.5hours sleep (45min deep sleep).

Body battery is now increasing as expected again.

Context:

• My wife is pregnant (heart rate is higher than usual)
    • Stress shows 25-60 during the night

Settings:

• Heart Rate: On
    • Sleep tracking: On
    • Pulse Ox: Night Tracking Only
  • Yes, I have found this too. I couldn't stop my Body Battery "flatlining" at Zero (or 5 it seems), with continuous high stress shown by the orange vertical bars 24 hours a day, even when asleep! Putting my Vivosmart 4 on charge seems to clear SOME glitches, like the frustrating refusal to Sync properly, but NOT this Body Battery issue. So I did a Reset (choosing option to retain all my data, obvs) and Body Battery is now working perfectly again. Back to the "failure to sync" issue. I had lost many 10s of thousands of Steps which were showing on my Vivosmart 4, which I just couldn't get to sync to the Garmin servers, even when I forced a manual sync. Then I found that just putting my Vivosmart 4 on charge for a few seconds seemed to clear the obstruction and sync started working properly again. I have another (wacky?) theory too... I'm sure a lot of new Garmin's are purchased as Christmas presents. I have a suspicion that the backend infrastructure at Garmin ISN'T upgraded in time (in December) to cater for the surge in new users from Christmas Day onwards, leading to tardy or failing syncs to the Garmin server farms in late Dec/early Jan. Then EITHER a) Garmin DO do a reactive infrastructure (server/network capacity) upgrade OR b) during January a lot of those new Garmin users tire of their new Garmin "toy" or tire of exercise all together as "exercise is all a bit too much, isn't it" and their Garmins come off the wrist and into their drawers/cupboard/bin/ebay, never to be used again, taking away a lot of that post Christmas pressure off the Garmin server farms.