This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pairing with kickr?

Hi all

Has anyone been able to pair the Vivoactive4 with a kickr18?

We can pair the watch  fine with the cadence sensor of the kickr and also the  phone, headphones etc but the kickr is not being detected. Any advice would be appreciated. both are updated to the latest firmware etc.

Works fine with forerunner 935 but not with this it seems.

cheers

• Sorry, the Vivoactive 4 does not natively support power meters like the multi-sport 935 does.  You may be able to find a ConnectIQ app to support this.

• yup.. the watch lacks the power meter profile hence is not able to connect with power meters. 

• I need this as well, now my indoor rides dont count for anything. Cant connect to the stages 4iii either.

What app do i need from Connect IQ?

• Even if you could connect to it using connect IQ, the data you get won’t be able to flow into Strava or such as the power data would only be present as a Developer FIT field only which Strava does not recognize. 

• That doesnt matter, i record with zwift for my strava.

All i need is for garmin to give me credit for intensity minutes, update hydratation and record vo2 max.

Which it all doesnt if i add the activity later, even though the watch should have recognised my hr going though the roof

• VO2 max needs a power meter. Using Developer Fields will not get VO2 max updated. (VO2 max is a an in-watch calculation I believe using FirstBeat algorithm)

Intensity min - if using the HR sensor and you’re alry using an activity on the watch tonrecord - should that not alry be a record? Just no power and no VO2Max  

• Well I can't add any sensors because the watch doesn't support them for indoor cycling.

What I did is start the indoor cycling activity anyway to record hr at least. 

Than added the zwift activity manually via strava gpx.

But no intensity minutes are counted for both.

Even though the watch did detect my high hr

• Thats' interesting. I would like to know more. Please indulge me in providing more details.

The watch supports indoor cycling but you cannot pair any sensors? i was intrigue enough to go google why.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivoactive4_4S/EN-US/GUID-3A4C7C6C-1FE3-4EB5-B38E-3F744A5C1F00.html

Per the garmin manual linked above, it says that it does support a speed and cadence sensor hence why would you not be able to pair any sensors to it? Unless you're referring to pairing it to the kickr? (please do state if that's the case cos otherwise it's misleading)

• I cannot use a speed sensor, the kickr is direct drive.

The 4iii is my power meter, this is also not supported by Garmin. Even though it is a bluetooth power meter and can also function as a cadence sensor 

• hence - everything is basically connected to the power meter. Since you can't connect to the PM natively, then you get nothing. nada as all of the data is basically coming from the PM (power and cadence and maybe even speed)

All PM will have a cadence sensor as it's used for internal calculation for Power. You need to be connected as a PM to be able to utilise the cadence sensor.