This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VA4 lost Bluetooth connectivity

Hi everyone,

Just today I lost Bluetooth connectivity to my Google Pixel 3 XL.  I rebooted both devices and the watch still is searching for the phone. All my other Bluetooth devices connect to the phone...speaker, headphones and car stereo have no problems connecting.  I removed the watch from Garmin Connect app and tried to re add it. It finds it but then gets stuck in the set up. It shows the watch but the setup bar doesn't move and eventually fails. 

Any idea? I never had this problem with my reliable Vivoactive 3. 

I'm on 3.80

Top Replies

All Replies

• I also uninstalled Garmin Connect app and reinstalled it.

• It installed fine on my tablet.  It looks like on my Pixe 3 XL the watch never receives the bluetooth paring PIN.  I hope an engineer reads this and maybe knows something.

• OK it's fixed!  I was able to get an update from pairing it with my tablet.  Then I had to reboot the watch and reset it.  This time it received the Bluetooth pairing pin from my phone!  We are good!

• Had this issue yesterday as well (no connection, would not pair, rebooting did not work), also on an android phone (OnePlus 6, android 9) and with 3.80. What I did to solve it was to not only remove the VA4 from the Garmin Connect app but also from the phone bluetooth settings, it was then possible to pair normally through the app.

• VA4 does not  re-connect with Pixel XL phone (Connect App) after loosing connection when moving out of bluetooth range. The only way to make the phone reconnect to the watch is to turn BT off and on again on my phone while the Connect App is open .. and even then that is only successful about 80% of the time. Most annoying as the literature says the watch and phone will auto connect when in BT range!! 

Any ideas on how to solve this (Watch has version 4.0)