This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VA4 Battery drain after SW 3.80

Just updated to SW 3.80 recently. Now I notice that my Vivoactive 4 is leaking battery like crazy, like 30% per day without doing any activity compare to 10-15% per day previously. 

Anyone experiencing this issue with SW 3.80?

• No. Actually not so bad since 3.6 fw. Even bit better

• Had this all the time since I bought it. 36h from 100% to 10 %, after update only 24h left. This morning I notived that watch wasn´t connected to Phone any more and.... only 2% less over whole night. Seems there is an issue with power management. 

• Had this all the time since I bought it. 36h from 100% to 10 %, after update only 24h left. This morning I notived that watch wasn´t connected to Phone any more and.... only 2% less over whole night. Seems there is an issue with power management. 

• I tested everything - it is bluetooth - after using bluetooth for some time it sometimes randomly goes from ~0,3 - 0,5% an hour to 2 % an hour. To stop the drain it is not enough to turn off bluetooth, I have to restart the watch.

Even with custom watchface with seconds, high brightness, alarms, lots of playing around I have nice battery life... With pulse ox it is less but still impressive!

Possible reasons for sporadic BT (phone connection) battery drain:

Maybe an issue with walking out of BT range of my phone? If just turn on bluetooth for syncing and after that I turn BT off again (without restarting watch) and I am fine!
    Maybe BT battery consumption goes up rapidly after my phone looses the internet connection?
    Problem with my phone?
    BT Firmware has to be improved I guess!

• I confirm - with the same use of the watch, battery consumption at 3.80 is a bit higher!
  • Yes, I have noticed an increase in battery drain rate with 3.80.   The 3.80 "upgrade" happened Saturday around 5PM.  I have not changed anything else.  Watch face is Quattro.   Pulse Ox is only on at night. I took it off the charger at 100% 13 hours ago, and it is already down to 80%.

• The same. I noted that my battery is draining a lot faster than normal. It went from 100% battery to 47% within 24 hours. I didn't do any activity. whereas before the update I was able to go 3-4 days with 2-5km (20-50min) daily runs and 10-15min workouts.

User 7404875, suggested that you have to switch off the VA4 and then back on. I did it and so far it seemed to work. Battery life now seems better than before. the battery dropped 18% within 24 hours. 

Thanks 7404875.

• today i have an issue with my battery va4

i bought it 3 days ago on saturday and today was the first time that i charged it. i charged it 600 to 800 pm to get 100%

after that it drained 16% in 3 hours

whats going on to my watch? what should i do? 

• This SW is also getting worse at detecting sleep. Now I get like 12 hours sleep every day .... 

If you sit relaxed in bed it would detect as sleeping .....