This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VA4 - Garmin Pay - Watch Not Connected

Having an issue, browsed the forum but didn’t find anything on VA4 sub forum (but did see in the VA3 sub forum). Thought I’d post here first before contacting support:

Brand New VA4, going through the set up process now. 
1. Go to set up
2. Go to Garmin Pay. 
3. Hit “get started”. 
4. Watch appears but states “not connected”
5. Select watch & get notifications “watch not connected, toggle Bluetooth on & off”.
6. Toggle Bluetooth on & off. 
7. Select watch again & get notifications “watch not connected, enable Bluetooth & it should pair automatically”. 
8. In background watch connects to phone. 
9. Get notification “get notifications “watch not connected, toggle Bluetooth on & off”. 
10. Rinse & repeat

Attempted solutions:
1. Restart watch.  
2. Restart app.  
3. Delete & reinstall app. 
4. Restart phone

Any ideas or help appreciated, thanks

• Which phone / Android version?

• Hi Pshare, Appreciate your response but it’s fixed now! Randomly!

• 5. Updated iOS software. 
    6. Toggled the settings within garmin section of settings

Still didn’t work when I tried this morning after I updated the software last night but I tried this afternoon. I’m unsure what made the difference & why it now suddenly works but it’s set up.

• Exactly the same issue here. Connected to an iPhone X with iOS 13.3.  

Last week it worked fine, but now  :-(=(

• Got email from Garmin. If you still have the watch, then it might be that your pain might get relief. But prepare to have new bugs!

Email:

Hello,

We're following up with you on the report we received that your Connect app was displaying a message that your watch wasn't connected when you were trying to set up Garmin Pay, even though it was connected in fact. We're pleased to announce that with version 4.26 of the Garmin Connect app, which is available now in the Google Play and Apple App stores, this issue was resolved. Please update to these versions now and afterward you'll be able to set up Garmin Pay without issue. You may need to update your phones operating system in order to install the latest version of the Connect app. Please let us know through https://support.garmin.com/en-US/ if you experience any future issues.

Thank you for choosing Garmin,