This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Extended Display supported?

Ordered Edge 130 but looks like that VA4 does not support extended display or it does?

• It does not.  Extended display is supported on the high end fitness watches (Fenix, etc).

Personally, I'd like to see a reverse extended display mode ... where the VA4 can be used as a 2nd display for a the 1030.  I'd love to have some infrequently accessed, but useful, information available on my wrist.

david

• As expected. Artificial limitation just to push sales of more expensive devices. Well, maybe be I will return Edge 130 and in the end Garmin will make less money.

• The Edge 130 is a better bike computer than the VA4 ... since it's specifically built for the task.

It has better battery life and supports more sensors.

• True but how I can pair VA4 with Edge130 to get HR on Edge? Or I have to buy another HRM just for Edge?

• If all you want is HR from the VA4, then enable HR broadcasting on the VA4, and pair it as a HR sensor on the edge.

• Set the VA4 to broadcast heart rate data and then add it as an ANT+ sensor on the 130.

On the VA4: Settings -> Wrist Heart Rate -> Broadcast

It will work, but wont' be as accurate as a dedicated HRM.

• Ok, thx guys. I will give a try.

Do I have to start activity on both, VA4 and Edge? Otherwise VA4 will just measure HR as in idle, means less accurate.

• You don't have to start an activity on the VA4, but you can (I've never seen the point). Just set the VA4 to broadcast heart rate and the 130 should be able to pick it up.  It will be as accurate as it can be, as it's specifically set to read & broadcast heart rate ... so it's kind of like an activity that doesn't record.

When you set the VA4 to broadcast hear rate, you'll get a notification the battery life will be reduced.

• same here. Venu 2, does not support Extended Display???? Garmin, you are really trying us to sell yours product!