This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin support RANT

I'm new to Garmin products, never owned any of it's product, but I know this company for years as a manfacturer of quality gps related products. I bought over a month ago Vivoactive 4 and generally I really like the device and what it does but I'm totally dissapointed with the support. All high end devices, like smartphones, sportwatches, smartwatches have lots of bugs in its early life stage, and that's how it is these days, but the lack of support is tremendous here. I mean this is not some Chinese no name brand god damn it (no offence Chinese friends) it's GARMIN, USA company, country which customer support should be in first place. 

The Vivoactive 4 has  lots of serious bugs, probably software related, but who knows. We don't get any reliable feedback from the Garmin tech guys. Lot's of users reported vo2max not being recorded for almost a month. It has been fixed with latest update... But new bug came up, much worse - the battery drain caused by hr sensor after each training. The only info we got from Garmin is that we need to reboot the device after each training, that's all. Come on... This solution was provided earlier by other users here, tell us something more. Or at least confirm you are working hard on fixing it as soon as possible. I have a feeling that we get better support from users here then from the company itself. 

I contacted many companies for different kind of support, but I really must say this is one of the worse... First time I'm considering changing device because of the support.

Dream Garmin feedback scenario:

User: Hey Garmin, something's wrong with my device, it's bla bla bla

Garmin: Hey, thank you for contact. Can you please provide us more information: bla bla bla

User: Here you go

Garmin: Thank you, try doing this bla bla bla

User: Still nothing.

Garmin: Tell us the exact steps so we can reproduce the issue on our side.

User: You need to bla bla bla

Garmi: Thank you. Yes there is some issue with bla bla, thank you for the feedback. We will fix this as soon as possible. Will let you know about the update. Sorry for the problems.