This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Light on during sleep

Has anyone got an answer to this please as it's very annoying it appears to happen when the watch face is touched, can this be inhibited during sleep??

• This is very annoying. In my opinion when touchscreen is locked any touch should not activate backlight. Only short button press should do that.

For my family this is a major issue. Our little son sleeps in bed with us, often during night changes position and very frequently hugs to my wife, and buuum, he often gets light beam straight into his eyes as he accidentally touches her VA.

@Garmin, have you considered such scenario? Please fix it, how many line of codes are needed to change this behaviour? Probably just a few.

• I totally agree. Other than that it's pretty close to perfect. Garmin please make a mode sop only a button push turns on backlight. Ty

• +1

Not that is bothering me but yeah, should be the settings to prevent watch to turn on the light. Some Garmin watches has setting to not turn on the light during bed time. Which was asked during initial setup and can be changed.

• I came up with a hack that works for me. I turn the watch so it is on the inside of my wrist facing my body. This way even if the light comes on it simply points toward by body and doesn't light up the room. This will work until Garmin fixes this basic issue. Maybe I should send them a Fitbit or even an Amazfit has figured this out.

• I use backlight as my shortcut. Most of the time I only turn it on when needed. You soon get used to turning it on even if you can't see the screen.

• +1 

Please add the option to turn off the touch-activated backlight.

• +1 Please add the option to turn off the touch-activated backlight.
  • +1 

Please add the option to turn off the touch-activated backlight.

• Do you guys realise that this is primarily a user forum? If you want to make a feature request, you need to do so by email to Garmin.

FWIW, I use the same shortcut method as mentioned above

• Set Backlight brightness widget as swipe  to right shortcut
    • Back light is normally off
    • Swipe to right in the dark to access brightness
    • Tap top half to turn on at lowest setting
    • When done repeat, but tap lower half to turn off again, lower button press to turn to watch face so that an accidental touch before timeout doesn't turn it back on

Second nature to me now ...

• Yes ofc. Already done that long time ago. Sent a bunch of feature request. Since they dont respond to any of it I can just hope that they have read it and maybe planing to make a fix. But also this is a forum hosted by Garmin, there are Garmin staff in here both to post and read. So why not try to make this topic heard? Obviously there are a lot of people thinking this is a big issue. Maybe if enough people talk about this they put this up high in there priority order. 

And yes i have tried your workaorund. I just dont think its a solution. To me this is a big issue and needs to be fixed, "Your" workaround is just that, a workaround. Not a solution.