This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Volume control not working with headphones

I have bought some JBL Reflect Flow headphones. When I pair with my Vivoactive 4, the volume control does not work. Furthermore, the default volume is max which I am unable to change due to volume control not working. Headphones are unusable.

I have tried separately to pair with Bose QC35 II and volume control works fine. 

• Same problem with me (xiaomi earpords).

Cant control volume.

• Yes, try their recommended ones, they work, Sony was the cheapest option for me. 

• I think it depends on the brand of earbuds. I had some Enacfire earbuds where the volume always came on full blast when pairing. I then paired my Galaxy Buds instead, and they worked as expected.

• I just got Enacfire earbuds, and although they say they are connected I cannot hear my music from the watch (volume controls on buds don't work). The watch (vivoactive 4S) volume control doesn't work either when paired with them. Enacfire E60 true wireless earbuds.

• Hi Vittoria, it is brand related, check out the brands they have approved and tested, it solves the problem 

• Nothing happening with volume on V4, neither up nor down, my head is cracking now, also how come earbuds connect automatically when bluetooth is turned off in watch ?? I am using Portronics TWS which is my Country brand. What should i do ?? Should i wait for a fix or what is it ? Can anyone help me here ? It is a total no as of now with high volume :(

• Just came yo know from service center about Get help section under website, and there it is clearly stated that this volume issue happens because of not using compatible headphone :(

• Guys I just fixed mine if you all are still looking. I just bought the Vivoactive 4 and the airpods were max volume. I have a Samsung phone but I had to go into the Samsung Developer option then turn off "disable absolute volume" then unmatch the airpods then reconnect them. Now sound works fine with the watch controls. 
    For my situation the steps were
    Go to Samsung settings app > about > software > then tap "build number 7 times" to enable developer option > go back to settings > developer settings then disable absolute volume > delete airpods from bluetooth list then repair. 

Not sure about apple phones but assume they would have similar options. Good luck!

• How will that fix the adjustment option which is greyed out on the watch. I just tried that, volume option on vivoactive 4 is still greyed out, can't adjust it. My watch is updated.  Any help. Will I have to call the help line?
  • i did what you said but thats on my phone working but i need the message to go to the watch?? to adjust the volume on the watch