This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Widgets getting stuck.. 3.60 MUST FIX THIS

3.60 seriously needs to address this. The random lag while scrolling through connect IQ widgets is unacceptable. Works smoothly only around 40% of the time. No issues with touch screen, all other menus work fine.

3.40 and 3.50 hasn't addressed this. 

• Especially when scrolling upwards through widgets, then it gets stuck 100% of the time when trying to scroll the second time (first widget shows, next one never does)

• I have the same issue in 3.50. A workaround is to remove some widgets, to have less. Also selecting watch faces is really lagging.

• This only occurs with a CIQ watchface (even with CIQ-installed ones made by Garmin) and CIQ widgets. So if you have a 3rd party watchface and 2+ CIQ widgets ordered one after another, you wont be able to scroll to these widgets 90% of the time; and experience massive battery drain eventually, too.

If you have a stock watchface (one of the pre-installed ones), you can load up as many CIQ widgets as you want. I tested this myself for some time now. No battery drain too this way.

Just potato code on Garmin's side somewhere in the watch's firmware.

Basically, we can't use any custom watchfaces if we use custom widgets, or we risk battery drain and freezes...

I've tested this with multiple watchfaces and widgets, so the freeze/battery drain issue is not specific to a single face/widget. 

• Looks like garmin dosent care. 3.50 ist one month old. Guess they think her device is perfect. 

• They pushed 3.60 already

• But there are no changelog? 3.60 is the last chance to make it usefull. 4 weeks should be enough. Im on the venu, but im not happy with the what you get for the price.

• just checked on my VA4 and it didn't pickup any new fw update.  still on 3.50 here.

• You could be right, but it occured to me without installing anything. Now I have a CIQ watch face but removed some widgets, and it’s running ok now. My suspecion is that it’s some widgets that makes the problem. Espacially removing the water widget helped.

• Hmm, i see. Mine never freezes with a stock watchface (regardless of which/how many CIQ widgets i have, including water widget). As soon as a CIQ watchface is on, none of CIQ widgets work properly when trying to select them (even if there are only 2 installed)

• My first impressions with 3.60 is that the watch is now more responsive in both widgets and the watch face menu. So apparently it seems to be fixed.