This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WiFi 0200 Error

Garmin is continuing to work to fully resolve the Wifi 0200 error that some users are seeing.  We expect to have a software update in the near future that fully resolves this for all impacted devices. 

In the meantime, we have a workaround that we can recommend.  This workaround will work on the following devices:

• vívoactive 3 Music
  • vívoactive 4
  • Venu
  • Forerunner 645 Muisc
  • Fenix 5 + Series

To complete the workaround, use the following steps:

1. Visit http://download.garmin.com/pub_cert/root_ca/general/general-ca-bundle2.pem
  2. Right click the page and select Save As
  3. Save the file to your desktop as general-ca-bundle.crt
  4. Connect your watch to the computer*
  5. Put the file in the Garmin folder
  6. Disconnect the watch from the computer and the file will install

This workaround will not work on Forerunner 245 Music, Forerunner 945, fenix 6 Series, or MARQ Series.  The fix for these devices is still in progress and expect to have public beta in the near future. 

*Mac users will need to use Android File Transfer to get your watch to go into mass storage.  You will need to fully Quit the Garmin Express program to run the Android File Transfer program. 

• Former Memberany new news? Before this workaround attempt my VA4 could pass a wifi connection test, but would give the 0200 error when attempting to download from Spotify. After this workaround attempt now same failure but instead of 0200, I get "No Internet Connection" message. Any thoughts? Anyone? Anyone at all??? This is so disappointing 

• This works only if I connect to my phone's hot spot. My home wifi still doesn't work. I have a vivoactive 4s with firmware version 4.00.

• I had a similar problem, first no wifi found, after that I got the error 010, I tried to install this certificate here, using different browsers (Firefox, later Chrome), strictly following the instructions without success.

Then I found out, that you can install/configure the Wifi via the Garmin Express software, the software asks for your credentials and then you are asked to configure the Wifi, simply chosing yours and adding the password, after that it shows up on your Venu (in my case) !!!

Hope for some of you this will work, I was trying to fix this for several hours now .....

• I've followed the whole workaround and it doesn't work, please fix it because without wifi this watch (Garmin Vivoactive 4) is useless

• Just bought a new Vivoactive 4.

Tried several hours to connect the phone to wifi in order to sync Spotify.

By reading this old post, discovered that this is an bug that Garmin is not able to solve.

The workaround does not work.

Until now, I was a big fan of Garmin.......

• Is this the problem that prevents the watch from joining 802.11n networks? does this workaround work for vivoactive 4s?

• The workaround does not work.

The problem is that it does not connect Spotify to Wifi. The watch does connect to the wifi.

Spoke to Garmin about this problem. It seems that this problem occurs to some watches, but not all. The solution Garmin gives, is to sent back the watch and order a new one. A big chance that another watch does not give this problem.

Garmin says that they cannot solve this problem because they don't know why this problem occurs in some watches.

• This needs to be solved ASAP, it's unbelievable that such an expensive watch from a huge company has this issue. I paid more than 400 USD for this watch, and one of the main reasons I bought it was the on board music storage, without this, the watch is just garbage. I just received a refurbished model from Garmin, which by the way cost me 200 USD with the "warranty", and the issue is not fixed, the customer service told me to send it and they would send back a new watch fixed. I'm fed up, this company doesn't care about their customers it only cares about revenue. I absolutely do not recommend anyone to buy a watch from Garmin, there are other companies who truly care about their users, such as Sunnto, Polar and Coros. 

• Welcome to Garmin firmware and the endless cycle of issues from poor firmware. The problem is Garmin developers. They have 2 sides to their brain. The left side where nothing is right and the right side where nothing is left.

• I just got my Vivoactive 4 today. Connected to wifi fine while going through the initial setup process. After that, I tried to download my music to Spotify, only for the watch to disconnect from wifi. Since then, the watch will not reconnect to any wifi network. I think it's absolutely mind-blowing that a $300 watch has this kind of issue, that is apparently near a year old without a resolution. My friend has a Fenix and has had similar issues (it is an older Fenix though). Fix it. Please. I really like this watch but not being able to connect to wifi is kind of a dealbreaker with a smartwatch.....