This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery loss too quick

Hi everyone, bought the vivoactive 4 last week and had 10 days that I only charged it once. All of a sudden this morning it started to lose battery faster than normal. 

it happened to coincide with the the first time I used the wireless music and GPS at the same time. From 100% it went to 76% after 30 minutes, which I thought was abit fast but as i was using gps and music  I thought it might be normalish... From that point on  it’s lost 1% battery every 20 minutes... it’s losing battery wayyyy to fast and I’m not sure what to do.

pulse ox is off so it’s not that, Bluetooth is off and my headphones are disconnected. I’m disappointed and upset that it’s happening really ... anyone have any help/tips ?

• I just fully charged it now and within 6 minutes it went down to 97%... what is happening garmin??!!??

• I'm having similar battery issues., If Garmin doesn't release a new software fix by Tuesday, I'm returning mine to play it safe. Don't want to spend $500 (I'm Canadian :)) on a watch that's not living up to its battery specs .. Hoping this gets fixed in the next few days as it seems to be a prevalent issue amongst many Vivoactive 4 users ..

• So an update.. fully charged it and it was fine all day then.. from 95% went down to 82 in 24 hours ... then I played soccer and had the cardio function on, no gps .. and it went from 82 to 76% . Decent I thought. By the time I went home and got in the shower 20 minutes later it had gone down to 65%.. 5 minutes later it was 54% and dropping .... what is going onnnn ????

• I'm having the exact same problem. Was yours resolved? I finish an activity and the battery continues to drain as if I'm still doing it. Losing 10% an hour. Problem only seems to have started in the last few days.

• I admittedly returned mine as battery issues weren't resolved. Exchanged it for the Venu: Night and day difference in battery performance. The Venu lasts me 5 days while using the OX sensor 24/7. 7 days without the OX turned on. Have preferred the Venu in every way. So glad I swapped out :)

• Update: Exchanged my Vivoactive 4 for the Venu: Night and day difference in terms battery performance. The Venu lasts me 5 days while using the OX sensor 24/7 -  7 days without the OX turned on. Have preferred the Venu in every way. So glad I swapped out :)

• I am thoroughly disappointed. Today is the 11th day of me buying the watch. I charged my Vivoactive 4 at night and took it off  from charge at around 3 am and wore it. It is about 14 hours since then and the level is down to 36 percent.

This means that I will need to charge it again tonight!

Spo2 is on sleep mode only. What is the use if I switch everything off to conserve battery. Watch becomes useless. Might have bought a normal watch with the money!

Garmin please help.

• It is not normal, but it seems to have happened to several people after the software upgrade to version 5.10. It is discussed all over the forum now.