This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Active calories and activity.... Am I crazy?

I could have sworn my last watch calculated activities into active calories. I had a good workout today and am ending with 861 calories burnt in activities and 456 active calories in connect. 

Is this normal? I looked up my vivoactive HR stats and it showed 900 plus active calories some days after workouts. 

• So elementary feature which based on simple data calculation is completely broken, that's zero value for the money invested

• It's just way off, no matter what they're saying. I'm currently testing the polar ignite and yesterday the total calories were 470 calories higher than on the 4s (and it was a rather good day for the 4s, would be even worse on another day). I know that polar is probably a little too high, but Garmin is definitely still too low. 

• Such a critical issue and what's even more frustrating is that we're discussing it on official forum and an official response is to be provided. 

• Happened today again with cycling activity,  none of the calories was added to the overall burnt rate 

• I went on a 2 mile fast walk and it was perfect this time. It's a cool randomizer calorie machine. 

• I just purchased my watch. I walked a brisk pace 2.2 miles this am. My calories were 283. My big issue, and will probably cause me to return it today, is the steps. It says 5,384, for 2.2 miles. Nope, way off. I brought my reliable phone step and calorie with me and it shows steps at 3,554. Much closer. Not acceptable to me. The time and the distance were good. Calories OK. But steps which are important for me is a deal breaker. Like all other things about the watch. Responsive, OK selection of watch screens, touch sensitivity is almost too good. The walk workout readings were very easy to see during my walk and I have a messed up left eye and have cataracts in both. If I can see it, just about anyone can.  I will stick with using my older unconnected smart phone. Better accuracy, still uses GPS, Bluetooth and headphone jack, can still call 911. 

• Sorry, mine is the Venu. 

• I think what it is doing is taking your resting calories subtracted from total calories to get your active calories   I hope I can explain this properly. For example if you burn 100 calories and hour resting you would burn 2400 calories in a day. So anything more than that  are active calories. so if you worked out for two hours 200 of those calories (2  hours x 100/hr) are still considered resting calories - you would have burned those even if you did nothing.  So if your activity burned 500 calories but took two hours you only had an incremental 300 calories from the activity