This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Underwater heart rate

Can someone confirm anywhere that underwater heart rate will be available in a VA4? I see it listed in some of the specifications on the internet but not anything from garmin. I'm waiting for that feature confirmation before purchase. It's too bad they dont allow the hrm swim to be paired with the watch. 

• Hi,underwater heart rate is available in Vivoactive 4, but I cannot ensure you the precission because I have not test it till now, possibly I make it today. I don´t understand why are you saying that Vivoactive doesn´t allow the HRM-Swim, because is Ant+ and can be paired perfectly with VA4. I did it, thought I still have not tested underwater as I told before

• With other vivoactives, you could pair an HRM-SWIM, but it's used just like a HRM-RUN.  The HRM-SWIM has the ability to "batch" data so it's sent to the watch afterwards, as ANT doesn't work that well under water, but the vivoactives don't support that mode.  

The "Stores and forwards heart rate data to compatible devices" part.  That's what you need for swimming with it.

• Yep. That was my understanding too. 

• Can you confirm it stays on if you choose the swimming activity? 

• Yeah!, heart rate is active during swimming. The level is about 20 to 30 bpm over the real I think, but it was registered on Connect. I upload here this night. The HRM-Swim can be not tested today, is paired, but I don´t know if as was mentioned data could not be transfered to the watch at the end of activity. In Garmin web, it doesn´t appears as compatible device with any Vivoactive watch, but I´ll test past tomorrow to confirm.

• Thank you. That is a big help. 

• Tested today with HRM-Swim, and as jim_m_58 said two days ago, no data can be saved to the Connect after the swimming activity because nothing is transfered. You only can see the HR before going underwater. The wrist sensor doesn´t desconect automatically as with Fenix series when the band is connected, it remains on though HRM-Swin is paired and connected and if you manually disconnect wrist heart rate pulse sensor it still is flasshing underwater. No idea, why ...?

• Good news!! O bought a HRM swim in 2018 together of VA3, but this it’s not recognize! It connects but the data doesn’t transfer! I bought a belt and now will sell VA3 to buy a new one! I have 3 garmin. Garmin swim 1, Vivo active 3 and vivosmart hr! Now wants to sell all of this and buy a VA4 or Venu or Swim 2! I hope qon’t dissapoint with one of them