This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Virb Camera remote control ?

It's seems that Virb Camera remote control feature is no longer supported on Vivosmart 4 watches.  Someone can confirm ?
Do we have to understand that Virb cameras are end of live, and Virb Ultra 30 will not have a successor ?

• Correction : i'm talking about last version of Vivoactive and vivomove watches !! (not vivosmart) . Sorry !

• Looking through the tech specs & user manuals for the VA3 and the VA4/Venu, the Virb remote widget & functionality does appear to have been completely removed in the new devices as there's no mention of it in either the specs or manual for the VA4/Venu at all, whereas it is in that of the VA3.

The tech specs & manuals for the fēnix 6 series, and the ForeRunner 945/645/245 do state that those devices have the virb remote functions.

So it does look like this is either a deliberate backstep by Garmin for the VA4/Venu, or someone goofed and just completely forgot to mention it in both the tech specs & manuals (which I think is unlikely).

• What a mess!

This leads me to the conclusion, Garmin completely stopped developing action cameras, as I sugessted on the Virb Edit forum.

Garmin just have to put that widget into the store or make the code open source. They won´t have any work with that and satisfied customers. But satisfaction is not a goal...

• I'm a Virb ultra 30 camera owner and asked to Garmin French support about Virb Remote control for Venu, Vivomove and Vivoactive watches.

The response is clear : these devices doesn't support Virb remote control.

That' end.

• But it is interesting, that other new watches (fenix 6 f.e) still do support the virb.