This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Get rid of golf already!! Hardly anyone uses it!!

Ughhh, I see that Garmin are still insisting on having Golf as a baked-in activity that can't be completely removed.

I wish they would take it out of all watches other than the Approach series (which are already golf specific) and strip it from having such a high prominence in the Connect app.

I'm pretty sure that the number of people who actually use the golf activity is so tiny that the vast majority won't miss its exclusion at all, and it'll free up codespace on the watches for the other features to be improved greatly.

• I use it quite often, would much rather have it in my daily wear watch than have to buy another golf-dedicated rangefinder doohickey. It doesn't take up much space, it's pretty primitive but it serves the purpose.

• On every Garmin watch I've owned, I can set certain activities as "Favorites" so I never see stuff like Golf.  Can't you do that on the vivo watches?

• Presumably if the number of users were that low then Garmin would remove it so I suspect the user base is bigger than you think.  I fail to see what harm it does you when it can be hidden and it is not like they are actively developing the golf functionality, I know as I do use it! 

• I have a friend who bought her VA from Golf Town specifically for the golf activity and nothing else.

• Well this is the reason I bought the VA and the VA3, now looking@VA4. Im a golf fanatic and this watch fills all my needs. Go Garmin!! =D

• I hike, I ski, I ride and I golf. The VA 3 i have has worked for all these activities. I love having one watch that does it all.

• I use the golf a lot along with other activities that the approach doesn't offer The vivoactive is made for those of us who do multiple activities. If you don't like it, just don't put it as a favorite then you won't see it... Not sure where you got your statistics that the amount of people who use it is "tiny". Slight smile

• I think golf should still be an activity type to select, and all the features should remain in the watch. But golf having such a prominent spot in the Connect app is a bit much IMHO. I think it should be listed under activities, like any other activity is.

• Agree. Wish you could delete it. Bloat for me.

• Stupid enough, the Vivoactive 4s does NOT have hike by default. Also, if I copy (duplicate) one of the existing sports I just cannot rename it to hike. Really dumb! So on the Vivoactive 3 you have hike? (support said "the Vivoactive is not part of the multisports line" - well what then? It has SUP and a load of sports. How come hike is not in there?