This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive not pairing with jaybird Vistas anymore

I brought this up a few months ago when there was a new firmware.  I've not updated anything since then, but in the last few weeks, my Jaybird Vistas pair for just a few minutes, then unpair.  volume controls also don't work on the watch (they never have).  @Garmin, any ideas or fixes here?  I've confirmed that the headphones connect successfully to multiple comptuers and my phone, so I've isolated the problem to the watch itself

• I brought this up a few months ago when there was a new firmware.  I've not updated anything since then, but in the last few weeks, my Jaybird Vistas pair for just a few minutes, then unpair.  volume controls also don't work on the watch (they never have).  @Garmin, any ideas or fixes here?  I've confirmed that the headphones connect successfully to multiple comptuers and my phone, so I've isolated the problem to the watch itself

Hello! Have you made sure that the headphones are not paired with any other devices when using them with your watch?

• Absolutely. I don't have my phone on me, or within a mile of me, when this happens.

• Absolutely. I don't have my phone on me, or within a mile of me, when this happens.

Just to verify though, are they removed from your phone's and computer's bluetooth list before you start running?

• Yes, they are removed.  They are not paired with anything else at the time I leave the house to run.  I only make it about 10 minutes down the road before they disconnect.

It's also worth noting that on the few occasions that I've been able to re-pair without the case, they come back at full volume and I'm unable to turn them down from the watch.

• Yes, they are removed.  They are not paired with anything else at the time I leave the house to run.  I only make it about 10 minutes down the road before they disconnect.

It's also worth noting that on the few occasions that I've been able to re-pair without the case, they come back at full volume and I'm unable to turn them down from the watch.

Okay and both watch and headphones are up to date? If you are indoors using them with the watch, do they ever cut out?

• Both are updated with the latest firmware.  It happens both inside and outdoors between the watch and the headphones.  The headphones do not have this issue with my phone, my partner's phone, or either of our computers.

• Both are updated with the latest firmware.  It happens both inside and outdoors between the watch and the headphones.  The headphones do not have this issue with my phone, my partner's phone, or either of our computers.

Any chance you are able to try a different pair of bluetooth headphones with the watch?

• I will see if I can borrow a pair, but given that the headphones work with a variety of other devices, it does seem that the issue is localized to the watch.  Would trying another set of headphones change the steps to troubleshoot the connection between the vivoactive and the vistas?

• I will see if I can borrow a pair, but given that the headphones work with a variety of other devices, it does seem that the issue is localized to the watch.  Would trying another set of headphones change the steps to troubleshoot the connection between the vivoactive and the vistas?

If you could borrow another pair, it could help us determine if this is a device issue or not. This issue started since you have had the watch? Or did it recently start?

• This should be a known issue really, it has been going on for some time. From what I can see, there are other models having issues with this too; multiple threads exist - I posted one 7 months ago now.

I have tried everything you can think of... I have followed all of Jaybirds and Garmins advice. I have had a replacement watch, alongside replacement headphones. The issue still occurs. So the question now is: Will Garmin try and work with Jaybird to come to some sort of resolution here?