This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 GPS Accuracy

I recently upgraded from a forerunner 35 to Vivoactive 3 but its recording of  distance and pace seems way off the forerunner. 

The guy I run with also has the forerunner and some of the differences even though we ran together were as follows.

FR35 - DIST 3.69miles, 8.29per mile

VIVO - DIST 3.58miles 8.45per mile

I started wearing both watches on a few runs and they are all out.

I contacted Garmin who simply sent a link about GPS drift but that only covers being a few meters out not a 1/10 of a mile and 15secs plus a mile.

Any suggestions welcome

• I recently upgraded from a forerunner 35 to Vivoactive 3 but its recording of  distance and pace seems way off the forerunner. 

The guy I run with also has the forerunner and some of the differences even though we ran together were as follows.

FR35 - DIST 3.69miles, 8.29per mile

VIVO - DIST 3.58miles 8.45per mile

I started wearing both watches on a few runs and they are all out.

I contacted Garmin who simply sent a link about GPS drift but that only covers being a few meters out not a 1/10 of a mile and 15secs plus a mile.

Any suggestions welcome

Hello! On the Vivoactive 3, have you tried changing the GPS setting? (Select the action key, click on run, select settings, GPS, then choose GPS +Glonass or GPS+Galileo) This should give a better GPS reading on your Vivoactive 3.