This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 SW 7.40 is live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile pending rollout. 

Change Log

• Connect IQ fixes and improvements
  • They asked for the basics I already told them and referred to the garmin website FAQ about improving battery life...

I wonder what is the point of official garmin forum on their website if they don't follow it...

• with 7.4 I can't even go for a 6 hour hike without it dying.  I used to go on several before it even got low.  this has to be fixed

• I just called to support, they told me the battery drain is related to a few hw versions. The workaround is to charge a couple of hours past 100% charge....

• I called Support Friday morning 09/18 about 9AM EST, they were completely unaware of the battery draining issue.  After 30 minutes of pleading my case with facts, 10-12% battery lost per hour they agreed to send me a replacement VivoActive 3.  Of course I have to send my current watch back first.  Garmin Support provide no tips, tricks or suggestions on how to resolve to prevent a replacement watch.  Support couldn't tell me if its a new watch or a refurbished watch only if I encountered the same issues they would provide me a 20% off coupon to purchase another watch.  Just ask for a replacement at this point!  I will report back once I receive my replacement unit.

• The replacement is a REFURB watch, mine was replaced but still encountered the same issue.. it vibrates randomly during an active activity (like running) with GPS which causes the battery to drain very quickly from 85% down to 15% doing only a 40min run, the kind of vibration is very very low and barely noticeable.

But if used as normal watch (no outdoor fun) all notifications on, Bluetooth and vibration alert on, battery is good and lasts at least a week.

• Not sure if cs was fooling you or what,  i don't understand over charge for few more hours  what will this matter to help battery drain issue

• It sounds like bs but I'll give him the benefit of doubt. Maybe de fw 7.4 have the charge gauge a bit off

• Hi All,

I really almost given up since the watch is like 'broken' and Garmin doesn't care since this is like 'obsolete' after VA4 and Venu is out. Broken as early as 1 year ago.
    - My altimeter has been dead for ages
    - My battery can't last a day.

Today, I not sure what happened.
    First my watch face was all showing errors with "IQ" icon. I sync my watch to my PC's latest Garmin Express and reboot my watch.

Miraclely, my watch has not experience much battery drain anymore.

Everyone should give it a try. Garmin may have done something on the backend.

1) Try downloading latest Garmin Express on your PC and connect your watch to the PC and sync.

2) Reboot your watch.

It did not fix the broken altimeter, but at least I can still use it as a watch now. And not hop over to a competitor since the watch is almost 2-year old.

• yesterday I synced and charge couple of hours past 100% and is behaving much better...

• I also have a REFURB watch as a replacement but the battery works great if not better than my original VA3 after the Software 7.40 update.  If I don't run any activities the battery will get used up after about 40+hours.