This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Skin Rash from Wristband - Garmin Vivoactive 3

I've been experiencing a skin rash on my wrist after only a 2-3 days of wearing the watch. I've worn watches for most of my adult life, but this is the first watch/wristband in my life that has given me a rash/skin peeling. I've tried cleaning the wristband on a daily basis, but this only delays the rash by a day or two at most. Can someone please explain? Or was this a product defect that I can get a refund for? I would find it hard that I fit into the 1% category of experiencing adverse reactions. I've never had this sort of skin reaction or rash before with probably having worn over 50+ different rubber(silicon), metal, and leather watches over the past 20 years. I also have no known allergies at 29 years old.

Additionally, if anyone can suggest a 3rd party wristband that doesn't cause this effect I'd really appreciate that. Thanks!

• Yep. I have had this issue too. I have since bought a metal band off ebay and a cover for the charging port. Still get it but much better. 

• I'm not sure that the OEM band is 100% silicon and the clasp is definitely not stainless steel, like most. I have a terrible nickel metal allergy on skin contact, so I suspect the MIC band has some sort of volatile solvent contaminants in the band and mystery metal in the clasp. I purchased a Vollmer 100% titanium 20mm band from www.longislandwatch.com and have had 0% issues ever since. Good luck!

UPDATE: that website is sold out of the "Offenberg" model I bought (manufacturer reference TN05000H5), but they do have another 20mm "diver style" titanium watch band available.

For those in the E.U., this website has a good selection of Ti watch bands. https://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s701h699-Watch-Bands-Titanium.html

• I would suggest you contact Garmin Headquarters at [email protected] and send some images of your rash. They are very kind and helpful staff, and Im sure they can assist you.

Take care

• I have the same rash, I've owned the watch a year and has just came up. It's a burn like rash the shape of the watch and charging port on the back. 

• I have a nickel allergy and if I wear the watch for 1 or 2 days I get a rash. Not just where the clasp is, it will be the whole strap. I'm hoping the vivoactive 4 is nickel free. If not will have to go back to TomTom which gave me no trouble at all. Shame as i prefer the Garmin tech 

• Same problem. Wearing the watch for 3+ months and got a strange red mark on my wrist where the watch makes contact as well as parts of the strap. My skin is red and striated like after a burn. I did nothing different and it came out of nowhere. I’m really troubled to see all of the similar comments. I don’t want to give up this watch and I expect better from a brand like Garmin. 

• Submit a ticket with Garmin. They are great and solved this issue for me. They replaced my watch with a better watch with a plastic back. Problem solved quickly and efficiently!

• Thank you, I have done today!

• Awesome! They should have you send a photo of your issue then they will setup a call. Be sure to ask them about the vivoactive 4 if you don't want the vivoactive 3 music. Both of these have plastic backs. I opted for the 4 since the music didn't fit my needs and preferences. They are very accommodating and rate thier customer service a 10! I had my new watch within a few days of sending in my old one.

• Hello. Did they send you a shipping label or did you have to pay shipping? Thanks.