This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The latest software update has made the number of floors count to be greatly inflated

I have a Vivoactive 3 and use my iPhone to connect to it.

On the February 21st, a software update was automatically pushed to my watch, and since then the number of floors count has been very wrong.

For the last few days, my stats have been:

Before the update:
16th: 1888 steps, 0 floors climbed, 0 floors descended
17th: 6463 steps, 9 floors climbed, 3 floors descended
18th: 8773 steps, 9 floors climbed, 0 floors descended
19th: 5891 steps, 10 floors climbed, 2 floors descended
20th: 8854 steps, 10 floors climbed, 1 floor descended

After the update:
21st: 15630 steps, 58 floors climbed, 22 floors descended
22nd: 5423 steps, 30 floors climbed, 3 floors descended
23rd: 8802 steps, 50 floors climbed, 22 floors descended
24th: 7063 steps, 62 floors climbed, 16 floors descended
25th: 9815 steps, 99 floors climbed, 10 floors descended
26th: 11432 steps, 114 floors climbed, 11 floors descended

There's no way that I've climbed that many floors every day since the update - there must be something wrong!

Has anybody else has this happen, and if so, were you able to fix it?
  • Yes! Before the last several months, the “floors” counting was spot on. The only issues were elevators (at times) or escalators (understandably). Now, I complete my “floors” goal by hanging out indoors or areas of poor GPS reception. It renders the counting completely useless. :( 

• Used to get 10 to 30 floors climbed and about the same descended for a normal day like today, since last update 6.60 something goes bad, by 10am today already got 42 climbed and 0 descended, absolutely false, each day like that since last update, too bad.

• PS, after making an hard reset, everything works normal again.

Also charging the battery for a long time (some hours extra) even if the watch say 100% loaded is not a bad thing from time to time.