This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep time no longer records & GPS - Garmin venu

Hi there I have had my watch for a few weeks and it has stopped tracking any sleep. I have tried to switch on and off. 

Was working then just stopped despite sleeping with it every night.

Also went for a run the other day and was not able to record it as watch was searching for GPS the whole time.

I have just swtiched to garmin bit concerned as the watch is so new to have problems already

Any help will be great

• If there's no meaningful difference in how you're wearing your watch while sleeping between when it was working and when it stopped working, then it strongly suggests there's a glitch in the device. I would contact Garmin support promptly and get to the bottom of it.

Trouble catching a GPS signal can be tricky due to many factors. Have you read threads here about checking that System>About>Current CPE Info: and confirm it says "Current" as the reported status?

• Make sure you sync with your phone before going on a run so it downloads the latest satellite positions.  This will make the GPS signal connect much faster.  

For sleeping, not sure why it stopped recording.  I’d do a forced shutdown/reboot by holding the A button down until it shuts off (past any assistance notifications), then turn it back on.  See if it starts recording tonight.  Also, double check your sleep hours in Connect.

• If you are having trouble connecting to GPS, please see the main thread to participate in this discussion.

Trouble connecting to GPS (May be due to CPE not updating reliably any longer)