This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My venu keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth on my phone and needs to be reconnected manually. How do I get it to automatically reconnect?

every time ai leave my phone downstairs and I go upstairs out if Bluetooth range my Venu disconnects from Bluetooth on my phone and needs to be reconnected manually. How do I get it to automatically reconnect?

• It is possible the device is not paired properly and needs to be re-paired. If the directions below do not work for you, I would reach out to Garmin Support.

From Garmin Connect Mobile app on your iPhone

• Tap "More" >> Garmin Devices >> Select your connected device
    • Tap 3-dot icon on the upper right >> Remove Device >> Remove
    • Close the Garmin Connect Mobile app

Go back to the main menu on your iPhone

• Open Settings >> Bluetooth
    • Under "MY DEVICES" tap the "i" icon to the right of your Garmin device
    • Tap "Forget This Device"
    • Restart your iPhone

Open the Garmin Connect Mobile app

• Tap the "+" icon in the upper right
    • Select your watch from the list of Garmin devices
    • Put your Garmin watch in Bluetooth pairing mode (This varies based on device. Look up in your manual for specifics)
    • Tap Start on the app and the iPhone
    • When prompted with "Bluetooth Pairing Request" enter the PIN (passkey) displayed on your Garmin device
    • When iPhone displays "Pairing Complete!" tap "Done"
  • Thanks, done all of this and problem still happens. Will try contacting Garmin. Thanks for your help though.

• Did Garmin correct his I have the same issue. 

• Upgrade your watch to the latest version system/settings/software update and it should fix it (I’m on 5.10). I now just have problems with the app disconnecting from my watch and have to force close the app and reopen it but only about once a week or so rather than several times a day.

• This has been happening to me as well. Did Garmin say anything?

• Hello! Are you using an iPhone or Android? If its an iPhone, are you leaving the app running in the background? 

• Hi,

I am experiencing the same behavior on my Venu (updated as well like my connect app). This is not dependent of the distance between my watch and my phone (android). I have several "disconnected" + few seconds after : "connected". this is very annoying. My garmin app is running in the background and I tried to remove/add again without any success. any idea ?

• Experiencing the exact same, normal disconnect and reconnect when far away 

But the random Bluetooth disconnevt happens with my phone right beside me and only notices due to the Bluetooth icon not showing on watch face and in shortcut mode blinking

And it is quite annoying as *** rather to have to remove it and repair since I lose my daily step goal, my Garmin pay and some other stuff as well?! 

• same happening to me....what I'm looking for is a way to turn off the notification.  any ideas?  thanks

• turn off the notification : I think it's not the good way as you will not know when your watch is connected or not ... The best way is to resolve the fact that the VENU should be able to stay connected and push the notification from SMS, phone, apps, etc ...

"Not connected" means the no notification from your phone.

@garmin : it's time to dig on that problem !