This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Venu - Manually added workouts are not syncing / available on device

Dear Garmin support,
Recently purchased a Garmin Venu and have been using it for over a week now.
Using most recent version of iOS (13), most recent app version on iPhone XS Max, and most recent Garmin firmware 4.0.0.
I've been trying to add custom workouts but nothing seems to work, quite frustrating.
I consider myself reasonably tech savvy and I think I tried most options already, I hope I am missing something really obvious.
I've tried adding workouts using the recommended procedure given in https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=wZ52AaLbLG2GC1Lxu2l4k7.
First try was adding a workout under 'Custom' category but as that category did not show up on my watch I tried adding a standard interval repeat workout under 'Cardio' and/or 'Running' category.
The newly created workout was sent to the device using 'Send to device' button.
The app syncs but the workouts never show up on the watch.
I expect the workouts to appear in the list after, 'Select activity type', Swipe up, 'Workouts'.
I am able to find the built-in workouts on the watch but new workouts are nowhere to be found.
Falling back to a different online suggestion to first add the workout to the calendar and run it from there also doesn't work as also the calendar remains empty on my Venu device.
I also tried the same procedure using Garmin Express from my Macbook (all recent updates) but I get exactly the same results. No workouts on Venu watch.
Any recommendations on how to fix because now I have a fairly expensive watch that is not able to run a simple interval timer :-|
  • I have the same problem.. 

• OK I found a fix. On your phone go to the workouts download them to your phone then there’s a little symbol in the upper right of another download then hit that one and then a message comes up with a checkmark says that it’s available I found I had to do both those steps to get it actually sent it to the watch and then of course you have to synchronize the watch then when I went to the activity on the watch and then I swiped up and slice it work out it showed up see if that works for you.

• it is known as the Garmin Connect Bug.

It does not transfer Custom workouts, it also cannot do sections of the Cardio phases.

• Custom workouts are not supported on the Venu. Create the workout under a supported activity such as Run, Bike, Cardio. Make sure to Save the workout after you've finished creating. Once you've saved the workout click the "send to device" prompt. Select the device and sync. Once that is complete you can find the workout on your watch under the category you created it within. I have had success doing this with my Venu.

• I come from the Polar system and I can say that Garmin Connect Bug is a vomiting system, limited to running but not suitable for Professional Sport .... unfortunately my wife gave me a Garmin Venu that does not allow you to do basic personalized Cardio workouts, due to incompetence of the Garmin Connect Bug system. for example:

Try creating this workout at Cicuito:
    -1 min Jumps with rope +20 seconds rest
    -30 push-ups on arms + 30 sec rest x 3 times
    -2 minutes, punching bag punches + 1 minute break x 3 times
    -30 Squat Jump + 30 sec rest x 3 times
    -2 minutes, kick the punching bag + 1 minute break x 3 times
    -10 minutes to rest

Well of this workout, the Garmin Connect Bug, should return a simple Cardio Graph with the "sections" of the Phases "as happens in "Polar Flow" to determine the cardio condition between one phase and another (activity and rest) of the training. ..to then compare it to the next workout

Custom Workouts are "only" the addition of Times and Names to exercises therefore, it is not "Compatibility" but the incompetence (or commercial reasons) of the technicians working on the Garmin Connect Bug.

• I have successfully created and synced 10 strength and 2 cardio custom workouts. The only problem i noticed when not syncing to watch - i had to delete some preloaded workouts to free space. 

• Understand that in the Garmin arena, the venu is considered a "health and wellness" device, where if you move into forerunners and fenix devices you move into the "running/multisport" arena.  You'll find a forerunner or fenix will fit your needs.

• What? .. I can't do Personalized Workouts because it's a Venu? A 300 euro sports watch that cannot create Training Times and Names, just because it is for Wellness ?? ..we are delusional !

..and to train I should tell my wife that she was wrong to give me a Venu but she should have taken a Fenix ​​?? Right, and what would be the motivation? the Fenix ​​has the same sensors but is it dedicated to sport? ... absurd.

This is only incompetence of Garmin Connect Bug or rather for commercial reasons.

• I have a Venue and have.loaded many custom.workouts...run, cardio and strength. Yesterday was the first time I had an issue with syncing to the watch. Could be the latest update?