This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Always On Display Not Working

I have changed the system setting to have the display “Always On” - but it is not always on.  Instead, the entire display goes dark after a few seconds.  Am I missing some other setting?  Bug?  Defect?  Making a gesture seems to work to show the display again.  I tried adjusting the gesture settings but that did not work.  SW 3.40.  

• are you using a 3rd party watch face? I haven't come across any that stay on - the original garmin ones stay on with my watch though

• Ok. The same for me. If I use Garmin watch face it works. Thank you for that info 

• Please check your defined sleeping time! Display and Gesture „always on“ features are disabled during the sleeping time. 

• That worked.  Thanks.  

• Not all CIQ watchfaces support this yet.  To be "always on", there are certain things that need to be done to prevent screen burning (any given pixel can only be on for a certain amount of time, etc).

If you're not seeing "always on", you could contact the developer fro the watch face and ask that it be adapted for this.  Also, for this to work, you have to be wearing the watch, as if the watch is taken off, the Wrist HR sees that, and turns off the display to save battery.

• The 3rd party Crystal watchface has an always on display. Nice one too. 

• I have the same frustrating issue. Brand new Venu, and entire display goes dark with all of the defualt watchfaces. It does this whether in sleep time or not. I've updated the watch software (to 3.60) and reset the watch. Is this unit defective?

• I just received my Venu from Amazon UK 2 days ago. The screen flickers constantly. I was using the "Crystal" watch face from a third party. I have changed back to the default Venu display and I'm sure it still flickers but it's just not quite as noticable.

I'm wondering if it's caused by me having it set up to monitor my heart rate and oxygen levels constantly. It could be draining the power going to the display every second. I paid a high amount to have these two features so I am not sure what to do.

Also the screen doesn't stay on even in "always on" mode. It lights up every time I twist my wrist. The touch screen to activate the display also seems very unresponsive.

I wonder if the Garmin Vivo 4 has the same issues.

• My 1 month old Venu has started acting the same. I guess it's updated software causing this plus my battery life has gone from 4 day to barely 1. 

• I'm feeling really mixed about this device. So many problems. I'm using SW 3.6, two original watch faces still always on is always off! I'm not within sleep times. Weird!