This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Always On Display Not Working

I have changed the system setting to have the display “Always On” - but it is not always on.  Instead, the entire display goes dark after a few seconds.  Am I missing some other setting?  Bug?  Defect?  Making a gesture seems to work to show the display again.  I tried adjusting the gesture settings but that did not work.  SW 3.40.  

• Had the same issue after the upgrade to 3.6 and a factory reset resolved it.

• I think I already did a factory reset but I will try it again. Thank you.

• Just bought today january 21 and there is no always on display with the original face.  Wats the problem

• Solved :  had the same issue but then I changed for another watchface (the City one made by Garmin) and then it was OK, even when going back to the custom watchface for which it was not working before.

• It works with "data lover" watchface, i have not tried another, it required me to switch to one of the Garmin default first, then it worked once i switched back to data lover.

• Mine is still not working and I've tried all of these things. Any suggestions?

• Did anyone get it to work?  I just got mine - I'm at software version 4.50.  Tried everything referenced here but still not working.  Ugh.

• For me it was the sleeping time, even when "do not disturb" mode ist disabled the sleeping time deactivates the always on display. I set the sleeping time from 4:00am to 4:01am.

Garmin should implement a way to customize the functionality of the sleeping time/dnd function.

• I have the same issue, the display does not work with opt "Always on", and "Always on" in training (this do my watch for me not usable in training). Version 5.10. I tried to do with it something but without any success. Can someone help me with it? 

• Hi,

Decided to post the solution that worked for me after spending hours trying everything to no avail:

Background: Always on stopped working for me after i installed a 3rd party watchface, even after switched it back to one of the original garmin watch faces. I am using a Garmin Venu connected to iPhone 

Solutions attempted: Turning off and on both phone and garmin and iPhone, resetting Garmin watch, switching back and forth between original Garmin watchfaces. Have also verified I'm not in my sleep period, DND off. 

What worked eventually: After resetting the Garmin watch, the Always on still didn't work. I then plugged in the Garmin to the computer, got it charged to a 100% and miraculously this worked for me. 

Hope this helps!