This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrist Heart Rate Stops Saving After Charging, Leading to Missing Body Battery Data

Body Battery just quit working about a week ago after an update, what can I do to fix it? Everything else works fine, body battery used to work for a year no problems. 

I have the Garmin venu sq 

• Do you see a reading on the watch itself? I’d do a hard reset by holding down the A button for 10 seconds (past any emergency notifications until the watch turns off).  Then press A to turn it back on and it should update your body battery.  

• That worked! Thank you very much!

• You’re welcome.  I do a hard reset after every charge cycle just to keep everything working smoothly.

• I'm finding I need to reboot my Sq about once a week, as it stops tracking vitals altogether--heart rate, etc. This is since the recent software upgrade.

• Hello .  I'm sorry that you are needing to perform a hard reset so often.  This is not normal/expected behavior from your watch. 

So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • This is happening to me also frequently since the SW upgrade.  Only the body battery quits measuring though, the other metrics are fine.  Yesterday I did a hard reset after charging and today my body battery showed 18 so I did another one and after rebooting it now shows 49.

I can’t blame it solely on the upgrade as I was sent a replacement device before the upgrade because it no longer could locate GPS.  It happened once in awhile but infrequently with my original SQ.

1. Yes, 2. Yes and US

• Also, when I look at the app, it looks like it stopped recording body battery, stress, heart rate and respiration rate at midnight and didn’t start again until I did the hard reset around 2pm.  Yet I worked out this morning and it tracked my elliptical workout heart rate just fine and shows up in the app.

I got your instructions and will follow those.

• I've had a similar issue for a while where it will stop recording stress but heart rate on connect but it shows on the watch.  Body battery goes at the same time. Email response just told me to reset the watch but I can't do that every time this happens.  It's been a few months for me and I lose data often.  I was hoping the update fixed this, but maybe not.

You can email me and view my account. I'm in Ireland

• I'm getting annoyed over the same issue.