This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Display timeout stuck on Always On after activity with v2.50

After updating to v2.50, both Venu Sq devices in my household have this bug. After an activity the display timeout is stuck on "Always On".  If I reboot the device, then it goes back to the timeout setting it is set to "Short" until I start another activity. Of note is that these devices do have the setting of "Always On" during activities, but that should override the timeout setting after activities. This bug only started with v2.50. I can say that for sure because one of our Venu Sq devices had the new version and had the bug, whereas the other one did not until my update arrived today.

• After updating to v2.50, both Venu Sq devices in my household have this bug. After an activity the display timeout is stuck on "Always On".  If I reboot the device, then it goes back to the timeout setting it is set to "Short" until I start another activity. Of note is that these devices do have the setting of "Always On" during activities, but that should override the timeout setting after activities. This bug only started with v2.50. I can say that for sure because one of our Venu Sq devices had the new version and had the bug, whereas the other one did not until my update arrived today

Hello! Just to verify, this is in regards to the main watch timeout screen? Once you finish any workout, your display will never turn off? Are you by chance able to post a video clip of this happening with a "test" activity?

• Correct, the main watch timeout screen no longer works per settings. And yes after a workout the watch face display suddenly is on always on mode. So it dims instead of turning off on timeout. I have created a video demoing all this. You will see the watch display at beginning is off as per settings. I can't replicate this 100% of the time, but nearly every time.

drive.google.com/.../view

• Correct, the main watch timeout screen no longer works per settings. And yes after a workout the watch face display suddenly is on always on mode. So it dims instead of turning off on timeout. I have created a video demoing all this. You will see the watch display at beginning is off as per settings. I can't replicate this 100% of the time, but nearly every time.

What watch face are you using?

• Lachesis (Light). It's a Garmin developed watch face. But it doesn't matter which watch face is enabled. Same issue with both Venu SQ we have. I just tried it again on one of the faces that came with the watch.

• Lachesis (Light). It's a Garmin developed watch face. But it doesn't matter which watch face is enabled. Same issue with both Venu SQ we have. I just tried it again on one of the faces that came with the watch.

Okay thank you, just wanted to see if I could replicate this. Can I have you perform a factory reset on the device and see if you still experience this issue? (Menu>Settings>System>Reset>Delete Data and Reset Setting)

• I'd rather not have to factory reset. :)  I'd then have to setup everything again. Moreover, it seems unnecessary as I can tell you the exact cause of the bug. I just did further troubleshooting and 100% confirmed the issue is this setting:

Menu>Settings>System>Display>During Activity>Always On

If you set that back to "Timeout" then this bug which began with firmware v2.50 disappears. Hopefully that enables you to resolve this. In the interim I can just keep rebooting after activities whenever the watch face gets stuck as always on, or I can go back to the "Timeout" during activities setting.

• I'd rather not have to factory reset. :)  I'd then have to setup everything again. Moreover, it seems unnecessary as I can tell you the exact cause of the bug. I just did further troubleshooting and 100% confirmed the issue is this setting:

Menu>Settings>System>Display>During Activity>Always On

If you set that back to "Timeout" then this bug which began with firmware v2.50 disappears. Hopefully that enables you to resolve this. In the interim I can just keep rebooting after activities whenever the watch face gets stuck as always on, or I can go back to the "Timeout" during activities setting.

Unfortunately, I am not able to replicate this on a couple Venu Sq, if this issue still persists on your watch after the reset, then I can create a case for this.

• I am experiencing exactly the same issue after the 2.50 update. Also i have no connection notification when i comnect my watch to the app. I have to restart my watch every time after an activity.

• I am experiencing exactly the same issue after the 2.50 update. Also i have no connection notification when i comnect my watch to the app. I have to restart my watch every time after an activity.

Hello! Would you also be able to provide me with a video? Also, which watch face are you using?

• I suppose it's not that easy to provide a video. The watch face i use is one of the watch faces provided on the watch,not a custom one.I haven't tried a reset yet but this was not an issue with v2.40. The first time after restart i have the connect notification,but when disconnect my watch from the app and reconnect i have no notification.Thanks for your reply.