Terrible Bluetooth Audio Perofrmance (EDIT - it ain't the watch)

Hello all,

I recently upgraded my Venu SQ Music to venu SQ 2 Music and while the watch as a whole is great and definitely feels like an improvement, one area in which feel a complete regression is bluetooth audio.

Using my previous watch, listening to music while running outside (that is, using GPS) I had a few audio drops here and there, nothing major and pretty much not an issue.

However, with the new watch, at times there are more drops than actual music (that is - more silence than music), constant drops, some lasting 4-5 seconds.

Really annoying and pretty much makes music not relevant.

To make things clear:

- same route, same time of the day (so external inteferences should not be an issue).

- same earphones

- same source files (locally stored MP3 files)

- isn't related to GPS - happens with GPS off as well

- both watch and earphones were factory reseted - didn't help.

- the recently released 2.52 caused my earphone to disconnect, forcing me to re-pair it. I had my hopes high something has changed, but unfortunately any improvement, if at all, is minor at best and more likely wishful thinking causing a placebo effect...

Bottom line, in this regrard the watch is a complete letdown, possibly the worst bluetooth audio device I ever used.

Any ideas are welcomed at this stage.

* EDIT *

Just for confirming my theory I decided to take a run with a different earphones.

What do you know... absolutely perfect.

So, either some weird compatiility issue or the earphones decided they had enough in a very confusing timing.

For reference:

JBL Reflect Mini NC - not working correctly

Bose QuietComfort Earbuds 2 - Works perfectly