This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Metrics and reports - Considering switching from Apple Watch 3 to Venu Sq 2

Hi all,

I've been using an Apple Watch 3 for a while to track my treadmill workouts.  It does a decent job but reporting on the metrics that are important to me are a bit tedious since I have to export the health data on my iphone, email it to myself, save it to my computer, and run a python script to parse the XML health data and create a report on the metrics I'm interested in.  I saw pretty good reviews of the Venu Sq 2 and like it's impressive battery life and additional features such as blood oxygen level.  I've seen a reference to having access to customizable reports.  I assume this is via a web browser that I could pull and print off, yes?  If so, the metrics I'd really like to track are:

1. Date of workout
  2. Duration of workout
  3. Distance walked (in miles)
  4. Total Calories burned
  5. Heart rate (min/max/avg)

and do this on a filterable date range.  Would this be doable with this watch and the reporting software?  Is there anywhere that I could see sample reports to get a feel for what's available?Thanks very much.

• I assume this is via a web browser that I could pull and print off, yes?

Right.

Would this be doable with this watch and the reporting software?

Yes.

Is there anywhere that I could see sample reports to get a feel for what's available?

You can see it for yourself. Create an account on Garmin Connect. It's free and you don't need a garmin device to do it. Then manually create several fake activities. Or import some sample activities. This way you get an idea of how it works and what can be done.

One more word of advice, though. I strongly recommend to buy the venu sq 2 from a seller who accepts unconditional returns, in case something doesn't work the way you expect. I would pay particular attention to the capability of measuring accurate distance on a treadmill, especially when walking. I'm not trying to discourage you, just letting you know that sometimes this doesn't work as expected.

• Thanks very much . I appreciate the information.  Is there a Garmin device better suited to treadmills?

• No. They are more or less the same.

That said I'm not implying that it doesn't work properly on a treadmill, mind you. Just suggesting that it is better to try out before making definitive decisions to avoid any potential disappointment.

• Understood and thanks for the info.  Folks over on Amazon were sharing similar feedback in the Q&A section for the Venu Sq 2.  I'm actually now looking at the vivoactive line of Garmin devices since it looks like it has a treadmill app built in.  Thanks again for the information.