This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Left-handed Issues

Hi all,

I can see from browsing the forums including the Venu 2 that I'm not the first person to note this issue; but I'm simply trying to signal boost. I'm having some significant issues with my Venu SQ 2 I recieved for Christmas.

As a left-hander & wearing the watch on my right wrist, the side buttons are interacting with my clothing. The obvious next step was to lock the device while running, however why is it that I have to go through 2 screens to lock, but it unlocks when 1 button is held down? So naturally today while running today my clothing rubbed against the buttons, unlocked the watch and then paused the run unbeknownst to me, making the data useless.

What are my next steps? As far as I can see I either need to wear the watch upside down or on the other wrist. Both seems kind of ridiculous considering the price tag. Has anyone had the same experience and found a solution?

I can also see that a screen rotation feature was requested over a year ago by others in the same boat; how is this not a feature already Garmin?

Thanks.

• The va3 has the ability to switch the button between the right and left side, but it also has issues, like when you switched, the compass was off by 180 degrees.  With 5 button devices like the forerunner and fenix devices switching sides doesn't come up at all.