After 9.24 update audio prompts seem to have disappeared

After the 9.24 update I do not get the audio prompts (time active/percentage heartrate) during activities (walking, cycling) anymore. I do get the alert sound and the watch vibrates, but as said not the spoken messages.

Tried male and female voice, switched prompts off/on but nothing helped. Anyone who had/has the same issue and might have a solution?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 2 months ago

Hello. The sound of the alarms have dissapear. And the sound of notificacions. Something happens with the sound. Even when the smarphone start do not sound. 

• Please ensure all alerts are setup accurately as mentioned here. If this continues to be a disruption, please reach out to your local Garmin Support team to look into this. 

• Garmin Forums This issue also exists with the Epix - or at least my version. I have a used Forerunner 245 Music that works perfectly. Seems odd for a $200 watch to work and a $700 watch not to work. I have tried everything. De/Re Install App, same with the watches, changed phones iPhone 11, iPhone 13, S10e, Epix audio prompts pushed to the phone does NOT work - period. Now at one point I did have sucess with just the "Activity" but "Workouts" sent to the phone and used with an "Activity" no Audio Prompts work - period.  Lastly, I did "Briefly" get the prompts to work when the headphones were connected to the watch directly. But after a few more restores and syncs, this is completely BROKEN now.  This is very disappointing since I left Garmin for Apple. Even though the Apple Watch was horrible for swimming and the like, the code was stable. I purchased a few used Garmin devices to get reacquainted to ensure I was comfortable before purchasing both an Epix Gen 2 and an Explorer Bike computer, I am starting to regret both decisions.  Might be time to got to SUNTO or something different.