Venu 3 needs Navigation

The Venu 3 is an amazing and beautiful watch. I don't know who the design team is at Garmin but they make some beautiful watches

There is one glaring thing missing from the Venu 3, navigation or courses.

We own or have owned: vivoactive 4, 745, Fenix 6s, Fenix 6 pro, Fenix 7s, Venu 2,  Instinct (2S), and I might forget some old Garmins

Garmin is known for navigation. Garmin intends to compete with Apple, Samsung, Polar and the like, especially by adding Smartwatch features

Maybe the Venu series is designed for the American market? In Europe it is more common to walk and bike somewhere, and for that use navigation.

The Venu 2 is pretty and can do some workouts, it doesn't have to be as sport focused as a Forerunner, or as rugged as a Fenix

The Venu 3 goes straight from the meeting to a nice run after work. It was updated with things like overnight hrv, and a ton of other great features, that all position it as a great watch and strong competitor

Except, one thing that every single watch in thos segment has: navigation

Garmin is arguably one of the best in navigation in the world, so it boggles my mind that it doesn't leverage this versus the competition.

Yes there are apps like Komoot, which work great, however what if I want to do a run and just have a data screen with a route? I can't. I can use a third party app maybe, but it isn't as simple.

Just a breadcrumb trail, on a $500 dollar watch? It's too much, really? Why? There is no logic to it.

Garmin you are missing the point with the female market share? We want practical, beautiful, and fit in a sports watch like this?

I know I want something that helps organize my day, and then head over to stay fit for health. With outstanding battery life

The Venu 3 ticks a lot of boxes, and I can't wear a forerunner to a gala for, and a fenix is too heavy during running for me for example

And as long as true up doesn't sync body battery, and I am supposed to wear this watch all the time, well then. What am I supposed to get an Apple watch? Ehmmmm, no maybe?

TLDR: Venu 3 needs navigation please

• There is one glaring thing missing from the Venu 3, navigation or courses.

This is by design and is part of Garmin's marketing strategy. None of the Venu or vivo watches have course navigation. These watches are considered "lifestyle" watches, geared more towards daily health metrics, not so much on traversing trails and courses.

Maybe the Venu series is designed for the American market? In Europe it is more common to walk and bike somewhere, and for that use navigation.

Nothing to do with the "American" market. Rofl

This is designed to move the customer to a different series of watches (usually more expensive), such as fenix, or the higher end forerunner series of watches.

Using Garmin's compare on their main page you can compare various watches to help decipher what feature each watch has or does not have. You can also filter for "female" styles based on size and/or appearance. The hope is that this will help guide the customer toward the correct watch based on their needs, and not be surprised or disappointed after purchase that a particular feature is missing.

For example - Garmin | Product Compare

• This is by design and is part of Garmin's marketing strategy.

Unfortunately, this is correct. I've been using Garmin watches for many years. I've been burned once, due to finding out later that the watch didn't have navigation. I was able to swap it out for a more expensive model that had maps and navigation. Lesson learned. 

Venu 3 needs navigation please

, it is very unlikely that Garmin will see your post and do anything about this. I think it would be best to submit a request using the Garmin Share Ideas page.

I also see you have or had a Fenix 7s. Is there a reason are using the Venu 3 and not your Fenix 7s?

• There is a lot of things to like about the 7s, it is a capable and beautiful watch

The downside for me is that it feels heavy when running for example, and that the screen is a bit small. The 7 series fixed some things that I didn't like about the 6 series, but still has some of the similar issues. Then there is the price.

It feels different on the wrist during excercise than the 6s, like the balance is more top heavy, almost like a stone in ur wrist, it is uncomfortable, maybe just me I don't know, can't explain it, the 6s felt more balanced in weight distribution and how it sat during excercise. The 7s is really comfortable day to day wear, even more so than the 6s. Maybe it's just in my head, but those little things can be bothersome when wearing so much

I may end up going with the 7s, just because have experience with the Fenix series. On the other hand it is really annoying when running, and worry about swimming and stuff

A Forerunner would be okay for sports but not day to day life.

There is the option of getting a Venu 3 and then a Forerunner 255 for example, and syncing activities. At the same time that is about $800 and 2 watches to lug around, which can cause all kinds of issues with body battery

I could post it in ideas, but how many people asked for navigation in the 2,  and also asked for nightly HRV in the 2, only to sell the 3 later with HRV, even though the 2 plus wasn't launched that long ago

Garmin is making it tough to choose this season

• Literally just returned the Venu 3 to the store

to come back and hear announced that the Venu 3 will get ECG

You know Garmin, when you figure your stuff out, maybe I will buy a Garmin again

• announced that the Venu 3 will get ECG

Yes, but only in 3 regions - Garmin ECG App Region Compatibility | Garmin Customer Support

Garmin's ECG App is currently available in the following regions:

• United States
    • Hong Kong
    • Vietnam
  • Yes, good to mention, thank you

My bad. At the same time wondering why Garmin thinks ECG is important on the Venu 3, officially only in some countries, when they are known for their navigation available in all countries

But the design committee has deemed different, why bother listening to what your customers want?

• They need clearance from health authorities in different regions..that's why different launching 

• You can get bread crumbs style navigation on Venu 3, using dwmap app as activity or mapfield data field as part of usual running activity data field.

• Thank you.

Do you have any experience with it?

I looked at it when the Venu2 came out (deja vu lolz), but struggled with the route designer (on mobile on the fly) fir example. I use Komoot now and didn't know it then yet(?). Importing from Komoot is a breeze I noticed, so that could work.

I saw I still have a premium description because I use their weather field app.

So, it could be a solution maybe

Looking at an Epix too, but I like the lighter weight, and according to tests, better hr accuracy of the Venu 3, and concerned with the weight and battery life and accuracy of the Epix

Was thinking of getting a Garmin Edge for the cycling, but I still need a solution for running then.

I use Runalyze for advanced metrics, so that part is covered pretty much for advanced data I need that is in the higher end Garmin models

• Yeah. I use it every run. I mean mapField which is much easier to use as I prefer to use standard Run activity instead of additional dWMap app/activity

I use integration with Strava Routes. I plan or find&save route on Strava and it gets synced to dynamic.watch (web page), where you can select it for next activity.

But you need to remember to sync mapFiled or dwMap before you leave for run without your phone.

Let me know if you have any additional question.

see my post HERE