Venu 3 needs Navigation

The Venu 3 is an amazing and beautiful watch. I don't know who the design team is at Garmin but they make some beautiful watches

There is one glaring thing missing from the Venu 3, navigation or courses.

We own or have owned: vivoactive 4, 745, Fenix 6s, Fenix 6 pro, Fenix 7s, Venu 2,  Instinct (2S), and I might forget some old Garmins

Garmin is known for navigation. Garmin intends to compete with Apple, Samsung, Polar and the like, especially by adding Smartwatch features

Maybe the Venu series is designed for the American market? In Europe it is more common to walk and bike somewhere, and for that use navigation.

The Venu 2 is pretty and can do some workouts, it doesn't have to be as sport focused as a Forerunner, or as rugged as a Fenix

The Venu 3 goes straight from the meeting to a nice run after work. It was updated with things like overnight hrv, and a ton of other great features, that all position it as a great watch and strong competitor

Except, one thing that every single watch in thos segment has: navigation

Garmin is arguably one of the best in navigation in the world, so it boggles my mind that it doesn't leverage this versus the competition.

Yes there are apps like Komoot, which work great, however what if I want to do a run and just have a data screen with a route? I can't. I can use a third party app maybe, but it isn't as simple.

Just a breadcrumb trail, on a $500 dollar watch? It's too much, really? Why? There is no logic to it.

Garmin you are missing the point with the female market share? We want practical, beautiful, and fit in a sports watch like this?

I know I want something that helps organize my day, and then head over to stay fit for health. With outstanding battery life

The Venu 3 ticks a lot of boxes, and I can't wear a forerunner to a gala for, and a fenix is too heavy during running for me for example

And as long as true up doesn't sync body battery, and I am supposed to wear this watch all the time, well then. What am I supposed to get an Apple watch? Ehmmmm, no maybe?

TLDR: Venu 3 needs navigation please

• I agree that, earlier it made sense because the Vivoactive series was cheaper than the FR series and there was a stark difference among them. Now they are priced identical and was hoping for fewer differences. I am glad the Venu has an Elevate v5 HR sensor compared to v4 on FR265. But courses hmm.  I haven't bought the Venu 3 yet, still using my VA3, will try the dwMap.

• It's not just someone

It is multiple people:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/venu-3-series/349273/venu-3-needs-navigation

There is literally no rhyme, logic or reason for Garmin not adding navigation to the Venu 3

They are trying somewhat to compete in the smartwatch space with the Venu 3, and failing miserably

Apple, Samsung all have navigation, even Polar is upping the game

I don't want to walk around with a forerunner or Fenix 24/7, I want to dress up once in a while

Anyway I ditched Garmin for now and went with Polar instead, maybe in the future garmin again idk. The Polar looks good and does great with sports tracking. If I want a smartwatch I'll get a Samsung or Apple, because I can swap out and not be stuck with Body Battery issues

Pay attention Garmin, more women and people are feeling this way, and you keep ignoring us

It's already lost you one customer, me

• Navigation and Training readiness. Garmin makes me do impossible chices between watches

• That and Training readiness, which they don't include just by product management choices. well, their product management makes me do impossible choices, reason why, I would love to, for years but, so far, I won't be buying one.

• It is available in Taiwan too now. Many report that, you can use VPN to activate the feature (also change your Garmin connect and profile to US) and then it would work.

• I got the Venu 3 about 2 weeks ago. I think Courses won't make its way to Venu 3 (I pray I am wrong). But if it does, then that's brilliant. The reason is Venu 3 got Running Dynamics (which was earlier only for Forerunner and above). That is a huge update and I am totally loving it to the core. Being a sports watch (also smart), running dynamics is more important than navigation and I am happy Garmin decided to give Running Dynamics because no 3rd party app can provide that info (dwMap can to some extent replace navigation).

I would love to see courses functionality on Venu 3, that would make it a powerhouse, and in that case, the next version of FR265 (probably 275? would be Venu 4 series because now they overlap a lot and it would make less sense to have 2 models, unless Garmin brings something new to FR series). I totally love my Venu 3 and yes, I would love to see Courses functionality (not because Apple or Samsung has it, but because the pricing is identical to FR265).

• That's exactly the problem with Garmin. They just won't listen to their customers.