Seemingly random, watch tells me my fitness age has decreased to the number it already was. Why?

Is there a reason / anyone else seeing this - 3 times over the past two days, my watch has alerted me to the fact that my fitness age has decreased to the same number that it already was.  It has happened at different times of the day and doesn't seem to relate to whether or not I've worked out that day or not.   

Over the time that I've owned my Garmin watches (about 4 years or so), this has been typical behavior that it would just randomly be like Hooray!  Your fitness age decreased! 

It isn't a big deal for sure, I'm just wondering if there's something triggering it to happen?  Just curious Slight smile

• To calculate fitness age, Garmin uses your VO2 max estimate, activity intensity, resting heart rate, BMI or body fat percentage if you have a Garmin Index scale - What Does Fitness Age Mean in Garmin Connect?

Things could go wonky if something has changed in your Garmin profile, such as weight, height, etc.

• This happened to me this morning and I also had this problem 2-3 times in total during the last months.

No change since >7 days but i still got the notification this morning after taking my weight:

Is this a known issue ?  Maybe the watch does some data averaging which could explain the delayed notification.

Nothing major but it causes lot's of disappointment when you are getting congratulated by your watch and not seeing any change on the app / web :D

Thanks!

• My Vivoactive 5's fitness age also jumps up and down for no reason.  I woke up this morning with a fitness age 2-years higher than when I went to bed.  After sitting in front of my computer for a couple of hours, my fitness age dropped 2-years back to normal.  No other parameter changed - same vo2, same weight, etc...  This odd up and down of fitness ages happens to me at least once a week. 

• Same here! My Garmin's been doing this too lately. Thought it was just me. Maybe it's just trying to keep us motivated with some bonus encouragement!