Venue 3 or Fenix 7 ?

Hello all,

I currently use a Vivoactiv 3 and would like to renew it.

Now I've been reading for several days and just can't decide between the Fenix 7 and the Venue 3.
I like the Fenix 7 better in pictures, but the Venue 3's display looks so much better. If the Fenix 7 had an AMOLED display, the decision would be easier. But I also got along with the MIP display in the Vivoactiv ;)
The Epix would fit, but the price is not worth it to me.

Important to me are especially the health data. The HRV measurement is particularly important to me or do I rate this much too high?

My current Vivoactiv 3 has nothing of it not even the body battery.

Sports I do little, I ride a bike and go a few times a week "hiking" (about 1.5h each way) Therefore, I will hardly use the sports functions.
can you say something about the new features like nap, meditaion etc?

The comparison on the Garmin page brings me no further.

Thanks a lot :)

• Health data - better look for other brands who has skin temperature, ECG, blood pressure and more and better sleep detection and interpretatioj. For sport use Garmin is good, if you dont need some sport modes and maps you can live with Venu 3, if you need this you must buy Fenix.

• Probably the biggest reason to go with the Fenix 7 would be maps and navigation.  There's also a big size difference.  Even the Fenix 7S is much thicker than the V3.  From your quick description above, the V3 probably makes more sense.

The other option would be the FR965.  It has the same screen as the V3, and all the navigation / sports features of the Fenix.  The big miss is it still has the old OHR sensor so no chance of getting features like ECG.

• Fenix 7 with AMOLED display IS Epix. Same design and software, only display technology is different. Also, depending on where you live, it can be had for not much more than Fenix 7.

• The Venu 3 offeres a nice workout summary and how it is impacting your fitness. There is also the recovery feature to see how your body is strained. The baseline sleep reccomednation out of the box is based on your age (so 7:50 needed of sleep each night for me). I have been working out more than usual so the Venu has added about 20 more minute sof sleep is needed for me. Over time, the 7:50 sleep will update to my personal baseline. 

The meditation app is good, very basic. Does offer a free timer (I use Calm) so I am pleased with this. What else do you want to know? The fenix is heavier and has more training metrics and full topo maps. Not to mention some addtiomnal polish the higher-end watches have like haptics, etc. 

• Based on the comparisons I've done for myself, as much as I'd like to think I'd take advantage of all of the bells and whistles of the Fenix, the Venu (original, 2 plus, now 3) is really the perfect watch for me.  I am active - I walk, run, indoor cardio, and hike occasionally.  I like the smartwatch features quite a bit, getting important notifications, being able to take a call if I need to, and using the payments function for tap-to-pay.  

I think the Fenix line is really more geared towards those outdoor adventure enthusiasts, and the Venu line is more for us regular old folks who are fit but not about to go backcountry hiking for the weekend or other adventurous activities on a regular basis. 

The Venu 3 has some new features over the Venu 2 plus that I have yet to explore, but I think that coming from a Vivoactiv 3, you'd really enjoy a watch in the Venu series.