Wrong Elevation

I am writing this post with a faint hope that someone from the support department at Garmin will read it and maybe it will lead to some changes (if, of course, I am right, which I am not entirely sure about).

I would like to title this text: Great watch, which I do not recommend buying.

I'll try to explain. I had a Venu model watch and now I have a Venu2. During the warranty period (a total of four years), I replaced the watch 8 times due to the same problem, which is still present in the Venu2 (after four replacements under warranty), and this problem is the altimeter. The altitude data has nothing to do with the real data. For example, now the watch shows that I am at an altitude of minus 6000 meters. This doesn't happen right away. Two or three months pass after the replacement when I see absolutely correct data, and then the problem returns and I again see absolutely incorrect altitude. I have a guess about what might be the cause. I swim in the pool four or five times a week, swimming a kilometer each time. If the water hardness is very high, then the tiny hole used for the barometric altimeter may calcify and this may cause the altitude data to deteriorate. In addition, I want to say that I completely do not understand why not use the absolutely correct data from GPS or at least not give the user the option to choose between GPS and barometric altimeter when possible. I believe the GPS data is correct. I checked this several times when calibrating the barometer. When calibrating the barometer, I can use GPS data and the altitude is correct. 

Additionally, I want to ask other users if they experience similar problems with the altitude indicator?

Best Regards

Vladimir