Venu 2 to Phone SYNC (outdoor)

Why the watch can`t be synced with the phone (to view the metrics, maps etc.) without GSM signal? The steps are synced, but not the activities .It is pretty pitty in the woods, mountains etc. where is no signal or data can`t be used. Why BT can`t be used?

• i think this is because garmin wants to make sure it has our data. i cant see any other reason why they would intentionally design something to be so annoying to the user. i think they want to make sure we cant keep all the data locally so they can use it.

• Honestly, I don`t care about sharing my data with Garmin - I am sure they are using it, but which R&D id1ot "developed" the internet connection need for synchronization between the phone and the watch. It does not make any sense. The data can be uploaded to the cloud from the phone later.

• of course, it is completely stupid from the user's perspective. if i have no signal i can not use my phone to see my stats.

i heard fitbit is the same though so i think it is by design. i think they are afraid we will firewall our phone and prevent them from getting our data. remember it is a free service. they need our data to survive.

they could allow us to see a day or two at least! i mean, historical data being stored in the cloud makes sense but one day of data waiting in a queue to be uploaded and visible on the phone during that time is perfectly reasonable. if we are blocking cloud use they can just disable our service... that is another option. but to not allow us to use our phones while in the woods doing an activity or whatever is just rude to the customer.

• I agree with you - there is no reason to block syncronization without internet connection. Also when GSM signal is available, I do not want to use mobile data - it is still pretty expensive in Czech Republic and I prefer to use internet at home wifi when all the Garmin data can be uploaded to their cloud.

• Hey Garmin, any feedback on this topic? We spent last week in the mountains again (poor GSM signal) and no sync was possible all the weekend. This is realy frustrating.