significant updates died

I think new significant updates died... even before there were any for the Venu2.

• That's why I'm looking at an Apple Watch.  Updates go on for years.  And I don't care about charging daily.  When the new unit comes out and has BP and Sleep Apnea detection, I'm gone.

• That's why I'm looking at an Apple Watch.

Not for Android phones Disappointed

• I am having trouble understanding your report. Please reach out to your local Garmin Support team to look into this. 

• What I wanted to mention is that Garmin has released few or no significant updates for this watch...

It would just be a question of software because hardware is the same as so many others.

An upper mid-range watch finds it unacceptable that we never have new functions that were launched for other devices...

In the next purchase I will have to take a closer look because competing brands provide updates with new functions for a long time, unlike Garmin.

• We actually release updates for this model still. The last update for the North American model was released in Novemeber. New functions may or may not be added via software update. Hardware may seem the same on our newer models but most have newer sensors internally. Therefore, some features cannot be made available on the older models.

• Since I bought my Venu 2, two years ago, no significant updates have been released at all. Venu 2 users have been claiming for Morning Reports, Nap Detection and so on. Maybe I am wrong but I cannot figure what breakthrough sensors are needed to include that. We just received bug fixes and Jump Rope and Disc Golf activities. Quite frustrating.

Most of our requests have been featured in the Venu 3, is its hardware so different? Good movement, yet not to build customer loyalty. 

I won’t buy a Venu 3 to get new features that  I think should have been be implemented through firmware updates and I will think twice once my my Venu 2 comes to fail.

• 100% agree. I don't buy the "the hardware is different blah blah". The vivosmart 5 gives a morning report and its sensor is older than the venu 2. I honestly bought an apple watch a few weeks ago knowing I will always be given the latest updates no matter what model I have. Watching Garmin constantly release major updates for other watches while ignoring my 6 month old venu 2 was the final straw. I couldn't believe when the Venu 3 was released that Garmin didn't give us Venu 2 owners an update. I'd have been happy with a few things, but cant believe we got ZERO updates?? Pure greed on Garmin's part. I used to sing their praises until I saw how us Venu 2 owners were ignored.

• Ohh comon.. Venu 3 has SW features like display  images in notifications, reply from watch, battery light... These are extra simple SW features and we didn't receive anything like this on Venu 2 and Venu 2 Plus. Why?? 

It's terrible support... a lot of people will not buy any Garmin product because of this dead support... If anybody from Garmin developers read this you have to think about it. Cheap Chinese companies do better with updates and new SW features... 

• Venu 3 has SW features like display  images in notifications, reply from watch, battery light... These are extra simple SW features and we didn't receive anything like this on Venu 2 and Venu 2 Plus.

Also Nap tracking and Larger Fonts, It seems like without reserving these (seemingly) pure SW items for the newest watches there are not enough significant changes to justify a new model. To me what is wrong is that they continue to sell the 2 and 2+ at the same price as the 3. Add the newest feature to the newest watches and stop selling the older ones. Or sell them at a significantly reduced price.

• Oh how much I am enjoying this discussion. The software that has come out also broke my watch! After the last software update my watch cannot detect that it is on my arm so nothing actually works anymore. It is honestly ridicules.