Recording distance on squash

So with my old Vivoactive 3 I would record my squash games as a normal run. Obviously the run map was irrelevant but it would give me the distance I ran/moved which I really liked. (Normally ended up being 3-5k depending on how hard the game was)

However on my new Venu 2 if I record my squash as a run in the same way the map is always weird (one straight line) and only records me as having moved very little. Normally under 1k. 

I have switched to recording my matches as "cardio"

However I really like tracking how far I've run in my matches. Any ideas on how to record the activity so it measures the distance covered? 

I assume its to do with the GPS not liking the fact you move in a very confined space in squash but seems weird the older watch recorded it fine whilst the newer one can't. 

Any thoughts or solutions much appreciated

• Recording distance on squash can be quite a challenge, but I found a workaround with my old Vivoactive 3. Despite its primary function as a running tracker, I used it to record my squash games. It might seem odd, but it served the purpose well by providing me with the distance I covered during the game. The map display wasn't relevant, but knowing the distance I ran or moved was valuable to me, usually ranging from 3 to 5 kilometers depending on the intensity of the match. Interestingly, just like how I found a creative use for my Vivoactive 3, exploring unconventional avenues like downloading Traffic Rider for iPhone free could lead to unexpected benefits or solutions in other aspects of life.