This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto pause not working anymore

While running I much appreciated the 'auto pause' function, I have set it to activate when I stop running, it used to automatically pause after a couple of seconds en get active again just after continuing running.

After the firmware update it takes about 30 to sometimes 50seconds to activate or deactivate the auto pause function which is ridiculous, standing still watching the data i see the pace slowly changing this was changing a lot faster before.

I am on beta firmware, did a full factory reset without changes. 

A bike ride with auto pause is working like it should.

Anyone else noticing this?

• No nothing changed, did reset the watch to default without success 

• I'm not using auto pause, but my problem may be related to yours. I noticed that the tempo was slowly changing. Before the update, the pace at the start was 3:30/km it adjusted in 5-10 seconds and now it takes 30 seconds and another 30 seconds until the pace hits 15:00/km.
  • All,

We have been able to reproduce this internally and are currently looking into a resolution for this disruption.  Once we have any updates, I will be updating this thread. Thank you for your patience while we work on this disruption.

• Frustratingly have also got this problem with autopause on my Venu 2. Has occurred since the firmware update. I attempted to fix it by restoring my watch to factory settings but to no avail. Please fix this Garmin, as I make liberal use of autopause when I run and have to wait at traffic lights! You have permission to email me, view and access my Garmin Connect account and I am in Australia. 

• Frustratingly have also got this problem with autopause on my Venu 2. Has occurred since the firmware update. I attempted to fix it by restoring my watch to factory settings but to no avail. Please fix this Garmin, as I make liberal use of autopause when I run and have to wait at traffic lights! If necessary - you have permission to email me, view and access my Garmin Connect account and I am in Australia. 

• I am glad to read this as I am having the same issue, and this is driving me nuts! Please Garmin fixe this issue! In the meantime, I am planning to use Strava to record my runs and auto pause.

• I confirm - the same problem with Venu 2s after the latest firmware update  
    I live in Poland.

• Is there a resolution found and is there a (beta) update planned?

• Garmin are never in a hurry to fix a problem created by an update due to their apparent complete lack of internal testing.

The Ski mode on the flagship 955 has been broken (no autopause at all!) for months and they still haven't fixed it...