This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Treadmill, Inside walking distance way off on Venu 2

I am switching from a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro to a Venu 2 and at first trial I'm finding the distance that is noted in the activities "Treadmill" or Inside Walking (Without GPS) are way off.  In fact it's ridiculous, showing half of the entire activity as Idle, some speed as high as 23 MPH and a pace of anywhere from 4 minutes to a mile to 40 minutes.  Is this normal?  I have done an outside walk of about 20 minutes, knee injury prevents me from running so walking will have to do.  

Do I need a footpod to get decent indoor distance numbers, or is there a way I can calibrate this watch?  I DO have a fairly accurate stride length in the settings, and I thought it would be used.  In fact, Using the data field "Steps to Fit" using that step count, and multiplying it by the custom stride length, it comes up with a reasonable figure.  What am I missing?

• It's in the manual. Hope this helps:

Calibrating the Treadmill Distance

To record more accurate distances for your treadmill runs, you can calibrate the treadmill distance after you run at least 1.5 km (1 mi.) on a treadmill. If you use different treadmills, you can manually calibrate the treadmill distance on each treadmill or after each run.

Start a treadmill activity (Starting an Activity).

Run on the treadmill until your Venu® 2 series watch records at least 1.5 km (1 mi.).

After you complete your run, press Letter A symbol.

Check the treadmill display for the distance traveled.

Select an option:

To calibrate the first time, enter the treadmill distance on your watch.

To manually calibrate after the first-time calibration, swipe up, select Calibrate & Save, and enter the treadmill distance on your watch.

www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-7B8FB52B-6789-4D45-A1A5-89F5C9DA6254.html

• It doesn't help when in an hour walking in the treadmill the watch only records .17 of a mile.