This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Questionable accurancy

Former Member
Former Member

Hi, i have been using a Withings Sport HR for a few years and ”upgraded” to a Venu 2S yesterday.

i have the Venu on the left arm and the Withings on the right just to compare.

first, i have walked and trained as regular today, my Withings as usual reports 14k steps. My Venu reports 19k.

I did just finish a crossfit program, both watches report similar heart rate but Withings report 400 calories burnes and the Venu 2S report 800.

since I am used with my Withings i dont trust my Garmin, Is there any way to do some tests? My initial feeling is also that the Garmin registred alot of steps while I was sitting infront of my computer working 

• Test can be done with chest strap for testing HR accuracy.

Calories expenditure of Garmin in example you have given seems excessive and wrong, but more data is needed for calculating kcal spent in a workout. Use common sense and kcal calculators online to see which is closer to truth.

• You can find YouTube videos showing comparing the accuracy of the Withings and Venu to high-accuracy devices. The Venu 2 performs the same or better accuracy than the Withings, FWIW.