This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

10.18 WiFi sync - transfer failed

Do you have a problem with synchronization via wifi? The message "transfer failed" appears every time. Yesterday I installed the latest firmware version 10.18. The wifi network and password is correctly stored in the watch, there is no problem with the wifi connection itself.

My Epix 2 uploads correctly, so it is unlikely to be a server problem.

• thx,
    It already feels like the normal releases are beta Slight smile

• Strange, the message about the failed data transfer appeared again ...

• I as a Fenix 6 owner has been facing Wifi sync failed msg for about 6 months. My experience is that not everything is synced in these cases, eg if you delete CPE.bin file from your watch, then it will be not copied again, but it should be done.

My wife has a Venu 2. Until a week ago I had not checked Wify sync on her watch (note: she uses only auto upload, never does a manual sync), but when testing I realized that Venu 2 has the same problem.

Garmin says that they do not see a clear pattern and people report it at different times, and after a while  the bug always disappears. They also say that BT sync is the primary channel, it should be used, not wifi. Long sigh…

My observation is that from 5 attempts to sync through wifi 2 or 3 ends with sync failed.

• So 10.22 is released. Installed it. Still getting „transfer failed“ message at the end of the Wi-Fi upload. However data is uploaded. (Using German translation by the way, so „Übertragung fehlgeschlagen“ is the right error message I receive)

• still the same here. Now i'm on firmware 10.22, but the issue remains the same.
    Would there be an option to remove upload history.
    I see there is an option like that in the garmin express, but thats only about the 'cache' on the computer app...

• i found this issue yesterday with the "Transfer in Progress" followed by the "transfer failed" on 10.22 while trying to sync via wifi, however with no changes and after many attempts (no changes in the process or wifi infrastructure) one time it actually succeeded. Pretty weird!

• It's starting to feel anoyed by how garming is tackeling this issue.

Since this issue it takes longer and longer for my venu 2 to find the gps connection when i start an activity.
    So i guess things for gps are also not synced.

hope they will wake up soon

• If you are experiencing a transfer failed message after installing Software version 10.22, please answer the questions below so we can track reports:

1. Do we have permission to message you privately?
    2. Do we have permission to access your Garmin account, if needed for the engineering ticket?
    3. What Country are you located in?
    4. Reply Yes when you have uploaded your device's Garmin Folder and photos of this error message to our Secure File Upload Tool
      1. Sending a Garmin Folder From a Device to Product Support

*We will not be able to add your report until you have completed Step 4.

Thank you.

• I now did a hard reset of my watch with full hope of fixing this.
    After setting up everything again tried wifi sync.
    To bad it fails again Disappointed