GPS interferes with the music (?)

Hey!

Ever since I bought the watch, I have had a problem with my wireless earbuds from the very beginning. When I pair them with my watch everything is fine, the watch detects the earbuds and plays music. The problem occurs when any activity that uses GPS starts. It sounds as if the GPS is interfering with the bluetooth signal and you cannot listen to music normally. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

Firmware version: 8.11
Earbuds: Sony WF-1000XM3

• Are you sure it's not your arm movement that's messing with music?  As your arm moves, mor or less of your body can between your wrist and the headphone receiver.  As a test, wear the watch on the opposite wrist and see if you hear the same.

I have a pair of earbuds where I can set left or right ear as the BT receiver, and setting it do the same side as the wrist where I wear the watch made a big difference

• I know I’ve seen this before and I can’t remember the answer but try and get GPS first and then turn on the earbuds and see if that makes a difference.

• I had a free moment to test possible solutions.

1. In the headphones application, I do not have the option to change which earbud is to be a BT receiver. Changing the position of the watch does not do anything, the pauses in playing music are the same
    2. Starting an activity and connecting to the earbuds does not do anything

To make it even more interesting, activities that DO NOT REQUIRE the use of GPS, such as HIIT, also interfere with the operation of the earbuds. BT on the phone is turned off so the only connection the watch had is only with earbuds.

• I have a similar issue too.  I've noticed I usually only have the interference when I'm near traffic lights in my area (NYC).  From what I understand it has something to do with the public bus system and the lights. 

• No, the disturbance is not due to the nearby traffic light or anything else. I live in the outskirts of a small town, I can count the number of detected BT devices on the fingers of one hand. I am 95% sure that this is the fault of the device. I will try to borrow headphones from someone I know and write what the result was.

• All right. I already know what it is.
    During these few days I connected my watch to various devices; from speakers to BT headphones/earbuds.
    IN NO CASE there was interference with the music playing while searching for the GPS signal for exercise.

Conclusion:
    This problem ONLY occurs with the Sony earbuds model that I own. In any other case, there were no playback problems.

• I have exactly the same issue, but my Earbuds are Sony WF-SP800N. The problem stops after about 5 mins into the run, then reappears as you stop the run, then disappears again as you exit GPS tracking,

• the same problem, the same earbuds. SONY WF-SP800N

after starting activity, the playback stops every 5 seconds for 1 second or so...

never tried it longer than 1 minute, just connected the earbuds to phone

Seems like we should switch to SONY forum. 

• I have the same issue with my fenix7 watch and samsung galaxy buds live !

When i am running (with gps tracking) carying only the watch and buds (no phone), using the music on 50% volume on watch, i often hear the music intrerrupted. if i turn the volume up more it's getting even worse.

Initialy i thought that is a problem of compatibility betwenn the devices and wanted to go for apple airpods pro2, but i do not think this will solve it.

do we have any users witch uses the airpods pros here ? maybe those will make a better connection.

• Sorry I'm coming back late on this but have ot exactly the same problem as you with my Sony WF-1000x headphones. Did you ever find a solution?