This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Good Sleep Tracking quality of Vivomove Sport on Venu 2?

It seems that Garmin is able to deliver really good sleep Tracking quality. One YouTuber found out that the sleep Tracking of the vivomove Sport is really amazing. Can this algorithm also be made available on the venu 2?

Here is the YouTube link:

https://youtu.be/ny6yH4ACxV8

It starts at 4:17

• Very interesting. Is this caused by hardware or software difference....

• People, he's both examiner and his only test subject. From a scientific point of view, this is garbage data that "proves" (using this word very lightly) nothing besides the fact that his Vivomove seems to track his sleep better than his Venu 2. Sob

• You're kidding, right? His watches are the same as ours and it's clear that Garmin can't deal well with algorithms in different models. Something here is very weird. I wrote about sleep tracking few posts here same as about other measurements and its accuracy. I've exactly the same observations like he.

If these aren't hardware issues (not only his model but all Venu 2 in general), there's surely huge amount of software (algorithmic?) bugs. Anybody hopes for huge update. Dream on, dream on....

• I'm not kidding and you don't seem to understand what I'm saying. I'd advise you to look up the accuracy of EEG sleep staging and then think about your watch for a moment or two. Or don't, I don't care.

I have Fitbit, Garmin and Polar watches and all of them show vastly different results when it comes to sleep tracking. My Vantage V2 awards me with 90+ scores every night, even though I wake up feeling tired and not well rested. According to his findings, Polar watches are the bee's knees when it comes to sleep tracking. Well, not for me. So, what now? 

Anyway, don't mind me. I'm off. 

• You can have your opinion of course, but I have to add that according to his tests, Fitbits have very good sleep Tracking, Polar watches weren't tested by him. I used to have a Fitbit watch and I also thought they were really good. Other websites tested Fitbits as well and came to the conclusion that Fitbits are pretty much the best sleep trackers. So there is some general agreement there.

• https://youtu.be/GhbjH07Q7jY Of course they were. 

My Fitbit's results are closer to my Garmin watch than to my Polar watch, so there's that. 

And you still haven't understood what I'm getting at. If you did that test on someone else, the results might differ drastically (or not, you just don't know). You need a larger test group to get useful data. Otherwise, it's just a fancy review gimmick.

If you want a company to change their algorithms based on a spot check a random Youtuber did on himself, well ... be my guest. 

• You should check out the new beta. They definitely changed the sleeping algorithm. Maybe you'll be happier with that version. :)

• As no one from Garmin paids me beeing beta-tester, I'll wait for stable release.