This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Zwift ride not uploading to Venu 2

I recently bought the Garmin Venu 2 and was hoping to be able to use it doing Zwift on my stationary bike.  I have a direct drive smart trainer and connect a chest strap heart rate monitor through bluetooth.  I started by recording my ride using my watch, however, there were 2 problems: 1) it was very inaccurate (despite my adjusting for wheel size) 2) my trainer connection suddenly started dropping out and I'd have to reconnect several times over the course of a ride.  Therefore, I stopped recording with my watch and had Zwift upload to Garmin Connect.  This seemed to work well but, unfortunately, my ride doesn't upload to my watch.  Is there anything I can do about this?

• Unfortunately I ran into the same thing yesterday when I purchased my Wahoo Kickr Core and signed up to Zwift.  Fortunately, if the trainer is connected to Zwift and Zwift is running on an apple device or compatible Android device (or computer) via Bluetooth, you should be able to pair the trainer and your chest strap (if it is bluetooth enabled) through the Zwift app.  I purchased an Apple TV just for the purpose of seamless connectivity with the Kickr Core.  From within Zwift under your profile, you can have all the metrics uploaded to Garmin Connect. 

• I have the same setup with an apple tv and I connect my Elite Direto to it. When I finish my ride, the metrics upload to Garmin Connect but not to my watch. This forces me to double record, once with my trainer and once using the stationary bike workout on my watch. But this causes the connection to drop off on my trainer! Other Garmin watches upload Zwift workouts to their watches. 

• I discovered that on my first workout and then realized that I don't have to start an activity on the watch.  Everything gets uploaded through Zwift and makes it into Garmin Connect.  I broadcast my heartrate from the watch to the apple tv and zwift so I get heart rate as well (I am going to pair my chest strap but am so far too lazy to find it lol).