This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Neewbie questions (not about fitness tracking)

Hi forum,

I am new to smartwatches. Am interested in the Venu 2. I am confident in the fitness tracking stuff, its a Garmin. However I have some smartwatch questions that I hope are easy to answer.

1. Can I browse SMS's on the watch (not just see notifications)

2. Can I browse Emails on the watch (not just notifications)

3. Can I browse my calendar on the watch (not just notifications)

It is really hard to find this stuff out as every review focuses on fitness tracking. Thank you in advance.

• Hello,

New Venu 2 user here. So you can scroll thru your notifications, but you dont have like a SMS app or email app. You CAN get notifications for emails but you arent going to be able to read or reply. Really its just a notification feature, kind of similar to newer Fitbits. In regards to calendar, there is a calendar widget, but its only going to show events its not super indepth. Here is a very brief article about the calendar "https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=hukfBzwQDC3rgPNXukS0o5&productID=707538&searchQuery=calendar&tab=topics ". Really I wouldnt call this watch a smart watch, at least not in the sense of an Apple Watch or Samsung Galaxy Watch. I think of it more as a Smart Fitness Tracker, fitness and health comes first. 

• Hi, some of the functionality depends on whether you have an iPhone or Android.  I can only answer for iPhone.

1.  SMS and Emails will show under notification widget and you can look at them there but once you view them on the phone they disappear from the watch.  They won’t leave the watch until they either 1) you look at them on the iPhone or 2) you clear them one at a time from the watch.  Also, I should mention depending on the text or email length it won’t display the entire message but just part of it.

2.  Calendar, I can view what I have on my calendar for the day on my watch, but that’s it.