This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin venu 2 issues!

I made a decision a week ago  to move to Garmin from my Suunto, I just ordered a Venu 2. I have spent couple of hours navigating this forum on the look out for any persisting issues with this model. All I seem to come across is a host of issues from battery drain to touch screen problem to over counting steps and climbed flights!! Also, I noticed not a single thread has come to a definitive conclusion nor a reassurance from moderators. It also seems like many legitimate questions never gets answers. 

I must admit I am a little apprehensive now and would really appreciate if any Garmin Venu 2 users can shed some light on the above. 

Many thanks is in advance.

With best wishes 

Sl 

• This is primarily a user-to-user forum.  Also, you tend to hear from folks with problems, but not from folks who are having no problem.

I've been using Garmin watches for 6-7 years, and not seeing any of the issues you mention on the venu 2.

• Jim - thanks for the swift response, greatly appreciated. 

It did occur to me that might be the case with no 

engagement form the Mods, but I had to ask Nerd

I am keen to test drive the venu 2 ans shall report back  after a week or so. 

With best wishes, 

Sl

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago

Hello,
    I have personally tested a lot of smartwatches, whether they are sports models, or rather smart watches.
    The Venu 2 is for me the most versatile product between monitoring health, daily activity, sport of course, but also with the most important connected functions (notifications, and some applications)
    Its AMOLED screen is a marvel, which makes the readability in indoor sport perfect, the notifications excellent.
    For daily use, the presence of some applications is also welcome (such as presentation of QR codes, tides, etc.) reading and interaction with notifications is also among the best of connected watches.

That said the software presents some lacks and beugs.
    In the gaps, we can point out the complexity of access to the activation / deactivation of the AOD mode (especially as the dimmed display is annoying at night)

In the beugs, I noticed that:
    1_ when I access the activities from the Garmin connect mobile application, it removes all the personalization on the watch, and you have to start all over (that's really painful, so avoid going there from the smartphone)
    2_ When I activate the AOD out of activity, it does not work the first time, I have to do it again a second time for the watch to take it into account (already the operations are long, it is painful ...)

Here is apart from that, it is the best connected watch of all those that I had so far (and I tested some 40 to 50 ... from the fenis 6 to the Polar Vantage V2, to the Samsung watch 4, like Fitbit Sense, etc ........................................ .)

• Dont buy it. I have one and Gestures are a problem no matter what setting you use and Garmin Express which full of bugs is the only way to put your own music on the Venu 2. So I had to sign up to Spotify.